Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 11 of 52
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom denied after recon

You guys think I really should recon again? I think it's a lost cause personally.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 12 of 52
enharu
Super Contributor

well, call back again tomrrow. i would call 4-5 times and try my luck. nothing much u can lose Smiley Tongue

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 52
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I'd try once again but that amount of INQ's and new accounts it's going to be tough. 

Message 14 of 52
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

True but I don't beg and am a busy guy. Guess I could call when the letter comes or if I have any free time. I'm not too upset and know what I need to do to get approved in the future.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 15 of 52
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If your 10+ inq's can be explained reasonably. If some are NFCU, was that to open your account? Any for cars, utilities, HP's for existing cc? Basically , try to diminish the inq's as new cc - if that's the case. Opening a checking account may result in a Hp but its not giving you credit; look at your report and put yourself in the lenders position. Is this person looking for too much credit too fast?

Don't forget to talk up why you want their cc. 😉
Message 16 of 52
myjourney
Super Contributor

I really think if you get another person you might just get approved ask for a supervisor. Chase is really good with recon

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 52
Croselx
Contributor

I have 8 INQs(and 7 new accounts) since OCT '12, accidentally let 2 cards report a high balance with one of them being from Chase (500 out of a 750 CL) and still got approved. My limit sucks at $500 (lowest I have gotten in the past 6 months.. highest being $8K), but I'm not complaining since I'll recon that once I have the card in my hands Smiley Happy.

If you don't have anything else negative on your report (I only have the high UTIL from this month for 2 cards and 1 30 day late from 2 years ago) then I would try a few more times. If you get a low limit you can always request a CLI in 6 months (will have to use another HP anyway if you get denied now). GL!

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 18 of 52
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I'm sorry you got denied. Someone here was approved on third recon. Recon, Recon, RECON! Welcome to the garden friend. Call a couple more times. It seems like you are very close due to the time you spent on hold.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 19 of 52
enharu
Super Contributor

its up to you.

if you really want the card now, you can keep trying to recon. however, chase might start you out with a 500-1000CL card for borderline approvals. it will cost you 1 additional HP for CLI.

since you are willing to wait as well, you could just re-apply later, and then have them start u with a higher CL.

Eitherways, you're gonna have 2 HPs in the end. If you're bothered enough, I would go with #1 and at least u get to build up history with chase during the meantime.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.