Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom denied after recon

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom denied after recon

One more phone call doesn't hurt.  I called twice for my chase card Smiley Very Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 21 of 52
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

One more phone call doesn't hurt.  I called twice for my chase card Smiley Very Happy

+1000000000000

Call back for sure.  When I applied, which was just not even a month ago, I got the "yea let me get back to you on that message".  I called the backdoor and the woman I talked to asked me a bunch of questions, put me hold and came back and said she couldn't approve me.  I think she mentioned the fact that I had a lot of new accounts and a bk.  She said that she saw that I was doing a great job at rebuilding, however she felt that I should wait a while and try again later.  Yea I was disappointed for sure.  

So about 4 hours later I called back and spoke with a man, and before he could ask me all of these non-sense questions I literally explained to him what he was seeing on my report and what happened and why it happened and where I am in the process now.  He said okay let me put you on hold, which seemed like forever, he came back and said I am approved with a $5K limit.  This call was less than 5 minutes and the call with the woman was much longer.

So YES!!! Call back and speak to someone again if you really want it.  You've got nothing to lose!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 22 of 52
codesingh
Regular Contributor

I agree...OP call this number: 1 888 245 0625...weekdays in the morning!

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 23 of 52
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:
I knew it would be a long shot and I thought the lady was actually going to approve me after putting me on hold twice. She was really nice, but said I have too many recent opened (new) accounts and too many inquiries the past 12mths.

I plead my case and she genuinely seemed to want to approve me but couldn't. She said to just give it some more time before they can issue me a Freedom card.

Looks like I'm in the garden for sure! I need to let my cards and inq's age before applying anymore.

Btw, I'm in Oklahoma and they pulled TU.

I'll get my letter in 7-10 days.

I'm in the same boat...too many inquiries (10). I'm apping in February, 2014 for the CSP.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 24 of 52
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Ok,  I'll try back Monday morning. Like mentioned...it's not going to hurt anything and I already have the HP for the app. I'll post an update Monday to let you all know. If I get it then great, but if not then I'll just continue doing what I'm doing and garden. It's just a waiting game now to get my scores up.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 25 of 52
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I am in the process of recon now and your scores are close to mine. The first time I applied 3 months ago my scores were way lower. I think it is worth another shot with the recon line. The score that they pulled for me I believe was EX and my score was around a 650. The reason I know is that I applied for an Amex card the same day and they rejected me and the rejection letter contained a fico score. It said this is your "fico" score and the score range was that of a fico score so I believe its a legit EX fico score. They told me to send address verification and I have talked to them several times and they haven't said anything about denying me yet. I think you are right on the border just like me.

Message 26 of 52
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Good luck j_casteel make sure you lay the Chase luvfest on hard and heavy!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 27 of 52
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Ps. My cards are newer than yours. The only difference between our files it seems is that I have  less accounts and less inquiries. I am not sure but I believe the Experian report they pulled for me has between 4-6 inquiries. I haven't pulled the report recently.,,, money is a bit tight for me. I can get a free one now that Amex rejected me however....

Message 28 of 52
bitcoin

Thanks to this forum. I got approved for Chase freedom! It is just $500 CL but at least I got in the door.

Some details:

Chase charged off in 2005

CA to CA kept reaching all these years

SOL reached, CO dropped

CA does HP

I call Chase to pay off only to Chase, chase says to contact CA(even Chase doesn't have the correct name of the current CA)

I call the number to find out they don't own it, so why would I call the one who is contacting. I mean I would deal with chase and or the CA they refer me to.

I call chase back (bk door number...thanks to this forum for that number) and explain. They won't take any payment from me. So I said, I do need a TL with chase, how can it be possible? The rep tells me to apply and find out.

I apply.

In Review

Called backdoor number! BAM! Approved! They did mention that chase COed 8 years ago.

What do I know? It is differnt for everybody. 

My vitals are as follows:

EQ, TU, EX: All in 700 range.

Utility: 3%

Total Rev. TL: $15,000

Income: 70k

Good luck to all who are in process.

Thanks again to this forum!

Message 29 of 52
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Got an alert today. Looks like Chase submitted a second HP today. It was listed as "First USA NA"....is that normal?
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.