Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom for 2 years..still no CLI

tag
forceedge99
Contributor

Chase Freedom for 2 years..still no CLI

I've had this card in perfect standing for over 2 years now, never a late bill, Other cards I have range from 5-20k and my credit scores around 760 to 770

And my chase freedom card is still a measly 800 bucks. My lowest card. I don't want a hard pull on it so I'm not requesting one, but it just really boggles my mind how I haven't received and automatic increase yet.

What the heck chase!
BCE - 12k
Cap 1 QuickSilver - 1.75k
Citi Dividend - 2.4k
Discover It - 2k
Chase - 800
Your FICO® score at Equifax is 725 (Update: Increased to 751) =]
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom for 2 years..still no CLI

From my experience with Chase, you have to SHOW that you need the credit limit increase.  I went from 500 -> 1000 -> 2000 -> 4000 within a year, because during that period, I was pushing the limit all the time.  Now that I have more than the Freedom and only really use it for the bonus categories, I never hit close to my CL.  For that reason, I haven't had a CLI on the card  for a year despite always paying on time and putting purchases through the card.

If you want to get a big limit with Chase, either apply with a great report to get a high starting limit, or be ready to push lots of charges through your card to show that you need the higher limit.

Message 2 of 28
forceedge99
Contributor

Well I never put much on that card. I usually only use it for my phone bill which is 75 bucks. I don't want my UTI ratio to sky rocket
BCE - 12k
Cap 1 QuickSilver - 1.75k
Citi Dividend - 2.4k
Discover It - 2k
Chase - 800
Your FICO® score at Equifax is 725 (Update: Increased to 751) =]
Message 3 of 28
Luscher
Valued Contributor

usually you need to request one and burn a hard pull or app for another card to get a higher limit.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 4 of 28
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

You may have trained them with not using it much.  The conditional response is probably for them to leave it where it's at.  To compare or give my experience.  I got mine in March of 2013 for 2k CL.  I used it A LOT for a year.  Then at some point, I must have missed a 500 increase because it was at 2.5k when I sock drawered it for several months with zero use.  Then I got a letter in the mail a month ago offering to CL without a HP, so I went online and inserted the code and got it doubled to 5k.  I just ran 500 through it to let them know I am still alive.  I am probably going to use it for the gas rewards at the start of the new year and let Barclays cool down.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 5 of 28
uswala
Senior Contributor

I have similar sort of experiences withy Chase.

Seems they just have something against a few people.

More info: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Frustrated-with-Chase/m-p/3643081/highlight/true#M99592...

Message 6 of 28
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Call in and request a CLI. A HP won't kill you.

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is crazy! Since it has been two years, I would be tempted to apply for a new Freedom card (which would almost certainly get a higher limit), get the $200 sign up bonus, and cancel the original card. Probably not the best strategy, but it would be kind of funny to do that out of spite.

Message 8 of 28
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

I've had my Freedom for a year now and still haven't received an auto cli.  I've PIF, let balances post, went close to 75% of the limit, used it minimally, tried everything...but still no love.  Stuck at $2200.  I just got the CSP for 7k though so I'm ok with it for now.  I'll take a HP for an increase when I'm ready.

Current Scores - EX 658, EQ 713, TU 722
Message 9 of 28
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Ive always had better luck apping for a new card and getting a higher limit then reallocating limits
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.