Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom has arrived...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom has arrived...

@Turbobuick wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

The Freedom is somewhat less wonderful that you would think from the reviews here, but it has its pluses when used correctly.

1)As a cash back card, use in the 5% categories.   Best case, you will get $300 back a year, $330 with Chase Checking.   Whether you can (or make an effort to) max out all 4 quarters depends on your spending patterns of course

2) As a UR card (if you have a transfer card such as CSP): then potentially the 30,000 UR points max can have quite a bit of extra value.  If you value URs highly enough, then you can also put non category spend on the Freedom, as 1 UR per $ might beat 1.5 or 2% cards.

I'm going to apply for the freedom card in the not-to-distant future. I noticed at Chases site, they offer $25 bonus for signing up a second user. Does this mean I apply alone and put my wife on later or will the credit apply if we apply jointly?

Hello There!!! I have not read too much on this nor paid any attention to it probably... BUT as how you have worded it, it sounds like one of those offers that if you add an AU to your account & they make a charge within a certain period, etc... that they will give you a $25 Statement Credit to use how you wish... Please take my reply here with a grain of salt, again I have not analyzed this thoroughly... Good Luck however!!! Smiley Happy

Message 41 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Middleswarth wrote:

I got my card today as well.  I promptly activated it, signed up for the gas rewards, peeled the sticker off, and through it in my fire safe.  

Guess I just don't get as excited any more. Smiley Happy

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy Enjoy your new Chase Freedom!!!

Message 42 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

@irrational wrote:

What I find disappointing about the Freedom isn't so much the quality of the packaging, but how cheaply made the card itself is. After having it in my wallet for 6 month, it's literally falling apart.

It's not like I use it a ton either, my BCP is my everyday card... The freedom has been swiped (maybe) 50 times. Yet, the top edge of the card is delaminating, and the front of the card has lost it's metallic look and now instead looks like it's got a film all over it.

None of my other cards are this poorly constructed, it really reminds me of a debit card (in terms of construction quality).

Hello There!!! Well this all sucks to hear...!?! LOL!!! With this said, and my limit being so minimal, I just may have to use strictly for online payment purposes!!! LOL!!! Thanks for your reply!!! Smiley Wink

Message 43 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stralem wrote:

@irrational wrote:

What I find disappointing about the Freedom isn't so much the quality of the packaging, but how cheaply made the card itself is. After having it in my wallet for 6 month, it's literally falling apart.

It's not like I use it a ton either, my BCP is my everyday card... The freedom has been swiped (maybe) 50 times. Yet, the top edge of the card is delaminating, and the front of the card has lost it's metallic look and now instead looks like it's got a film all over it.

None of my other cards are this poorly constructed, it really reminds me of a debit card (in terms of construction quality).

That's funny, my card has held up rather well. It's still shiny and solid even though it's been scratched up from all the swiping.

My Discover card, on the other hand, is literally peeling. There's a nice plastic "shag" around the orange "it" indentation that I'm just about ready to take a set of clippers to.

WOW!!!??? I guess there is no perfectly designed card out there just yet!!!??? LOL!!! Thanks for your reply!!! Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 94
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@irrational wrote:

Hello There!!! Well this all sucks to hear...!?! LOL!!! With this said, and my limit being so minimal, I just may have to use strictly for online payment purposes!!! LOL!!! Thanks for your reply!!! Smiley Wink

My CSP is in worst shape than my freedom and only got my CSP in may, my freedom last september :-) With that being said csp is on everyday spend duty, and freedom is mostly restaurant gas card when 5% categories permit. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 45 of 94
Open123
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

My CSP is in worst shape than my freedom and only got my CSP in may, my freedom last september :-) With that being said csp is on everyday spend duty, and freedom is mostly restaurant gas card when 5% categories permit. 

Do you have a Chase checking?  If you do, the Freedom is better for everyday spend with the 10% bonus, not that either is really excels for non-bonus expenditures.

Message 46 of 94
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Do you have a Chase checking?  If you do, the Freedom is better for everyday spend with the 10% bonus, not that either is really excels for non-bonus expenditures.

No i don't have chase checking account. Kind of on principal i won't open account in brick and mortar bank. WF, BOA, Chase or Citi they are all the same with how they like to nickel and dime you imo. 

Message 47 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@irrational wrote:

Hello There!!! & LOL!!! So maybe I just have to expect their CC quality to match up to their mail presentation!?! Strange however, my Chase Checking ATM/DEBIT Card has held up pretty well!!! Worn but not yet ratchet... Smiley Tongue

Message 48 of 94
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@irrational wrote:

Hello There!!! & LOL!!! So maybe I just have to expect their CC quality to match up to their mail presentation!?! Strange however, my Chase Checking ATM/DEBIT Card has held up pretty well!!! Worn but not yet ratchet... Smiley Tongue

CSP being metal i think scratches really easily, i have been using it eating out an lot so it gets an fair amount of work . Freedom I swipe myself at gas station , so i can control how it gets swiped i guess lol

Message 49 of 94
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@irrational wrote:

IMO card wear and tear varies by user. Your wallet has a huge impact on it also. 

Message 50 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.