Chase Freedom has arrived...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom has arrived...

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

My CSP is in worst shape than my freedom and only got my CSP in may, my freedom last september :-) With that being said csp is on everyday spend duty, and freedom is mostly restaurant gas card when 5% categories permit. 

Do you have a Chase checking?  If you do, the Freedom is better for everyday spend with the 10% bonus, not that either is really excels for non-bonus expenditures.

No i don't have chase checking account. Kind of on principal i won't open account in brick and mortar bank. WF, BOA, Chase or Citi they are all the same with how they like to nickel and dime you imo. 

You are probably correct with this opinion considering the CU's you have to choose from (if local)... I opted for Chase after a local CU here that is supposedly one of the best nickel & dimed me TREMENDOUSLY!!! Plus the locations & times that were avaialble SUCKED!!! Especially for being a 24 hour city...!?! I lost money PLUS my card in their ATM machine within a 3 month period more than I have ever experienced in my banking ever... Smiley Mad

Message 51 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@irrational wrote:

What I find disappointing about the Freedom isn't so much the quality of the packaging, but how cheaply made the card itself is. After having it in my wallet for 6 month, it's literally falling apart.

It's not like I use it a ton either, my BCP is my everyday card... The freedom has been swiped (maybe) 50 times. Yet, the top edge of the card is delaminating, and the front of the card has lost it's metallic look and now instead looks like it's got a film all over it.

None of my other cards are this poorly constructed, it really reminds me of a debit card (in terms of construction quality).

Hello There!!! Well this all sucks to hear...!?! LOL!!! With this said, and my limit being so minimal, I just may have to use strictly for online payment purposes!!! LOL!!! Thanks for your reply!!! Smiley Wink

My CSP is in worst shape than my freedom and only got my CSP in may, my freedom last september :-) With that being said csp is on everyday spend duty, and freedom is mostly restaurant gas card when 5% categories permit. 

Hello There!!! & LOL!!! So maybe I just have to expect their CC quality to match up to their mail presentation!?! Strange however, my Chase Checking ATM/DEBIT Card has held up pretty well!!! Worn but not yet ratchet... Smiley Tongue

CSP being metal i think scratches really easily, i have been using it eating out an lot so it gets an fair amount of work . Freedom I swipe myself at gas station , so i can control how it gets swiped i guess lol

So FUNNY!!! I also try as much as possible to self swipe my CC's for damage control!!! LMAO!!! Smiley LOL

Message 52 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@irrational wrote:

What I find disappointing about the Freedom isn't so much the quality of the packaging, but how cheaply made the card itself is. After having it in my wallet for 6 month, it's literally falling apart.

It's not like I use it a ton either, my BCP is my everyday card... The freedom has been swiped (maybe) 50 times. Yet, the top edge of the card is delaminating, and the front of the card has lost it's metallic look and now instead looks like it's got a film all over it.

None of my other cards are this poorly constructed, it really reminds me of a debit card (in terms of construction quality).

Hello There!!! Well this all sucks to hear...!?! LOL!!! With this said, and my limit being so minimal, I just may have to use strictly for online payment purposes!!! LOL!!! Thanks for your reply!!! Smiley Wink

Hello There!!! & LOL!!! So maybe I just have to expect their CC quality to match up to their mail presentation!?! Strange however, my Chase Checking ATM/DEBIT Card has held up pretty well!!! Worn but not yet ratchet... Smiley Tongue

IMO card wear and tear varies by user. Your wallet has a huge impact on it also. 

Hey-Hey!!! BTW, new name to match the new siggy?!? LOL!!! NICE & CONGRATS!!! Smiley Wink

Message 53 of 94
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Do you have a Chase checking?  If you do, the Freedom is better for everyday spend with the 10% bonus, not that either is really excels for non-bonus expenditures.

No i don't have chase checking account. Kind of on principal i won't open account in brick and mortar bank. WF, BOA, Chase or Citi they are all the same with how they like to nickel and dime you imo. 

You are probably correct with this opinion considering the CU's you have to choose from (if local)... I opted for Chase after a local CU here that is supposedly one of the best nickel & dimed me TREMENDOUSLY!!! Plus the locations & times that were avaialble SUCKED!!! Especially for being a 24 hour city...!?! I lost money PLUS my card in their ATM machine within a 3 month period more than I have ever experienced in my banking ever... Smiley Mad

These days it's not so much CUs (who are often better than the big banks, but not always by much) but the online banks, like Ally which I think mongstradamus uses, and some other choices.  Fees are much less, interest paid to you is much more.

Message 54 of 94
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@irrational wrote:

IMO card wear and tear varies by user. Your wallet has a huge impact on it also. 

Hey-Hey!!! BTW, new name to match the new siggy?!? LOL!!! NICE & CONGRATS!!! Smiley Wink

New siggy, new me Smiley Happy haha

Message 55 of 94
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CallaLilyLover wrote:

LVKalani you handled that very well Smiley Wink Kudos

Mahalo!!! Smiley Wink

Message 56 of 94
Open123
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

These days it's not so much CUs (who are often better than the big banks, but not always by much) but the online banks, like Ally which I think mongstradamus uses, and some other choices.  Fees are much less, interest paid to you is much more.

Likewise, aside from the really big checks I must deposit once in a while, brick & mortars are completely nonsensical to me.  Matter of fact, once all of our clients adopt ACH, I'd ditch a brick & mortar entirely.

And, regarding checking accounts, I try to never have more than a few hundred at any given time, which is why I like Fidelity's system.  Have everything in brokerage, and only transfer to checking when paying bills.

Message 57 of 94
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Yep I do like ally for my savings and Alliant for my checking. I do most of my banking online anyways it an win win for me. Alliant gives interest checking which I really really like. And for ally their rates are almost thirty times better what was getting at wf in savings account lol. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 58 of 94
irrational
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Yep I do like ally for my savings and Alliant for my checking. I do most of my banking online anyways it an win win for me. Alliant gives interest checking which I really really like. And for ally their rates are almost thirty times better what was getting at wf in savings account lol. 

I agree, Chase or any other brick and mortar bank couldn't convince me to moving my checking and savings to them! They have some horrible rates, poor features, and tons of fees! The 10% bonus UR points isn't enough to make me even blink.

I've moved most everything to Capital One 360, but I have a local credit union I have a safe deposit box at and also use for cash deposits and withdraws.

Current Score: TU (discover) 720 - 6/29/14 | EQ (score watch) 777 - 7/19/14 - Last App 7/21/14

NPSL          |      $27,600         |      $15,000      |      $7,000      |     $2,800     |      $11,000    |      $13,530      |      $5,200
Message 59 of 94
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@irrational wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I agree, Chase or any other brick and mortar bank couldn't convince me to moving my checking and savings to them! They have some horrible rates, poor features, and tons of fees! The 10% bonus UR points isn't enough to make me even blink.

I've moved most everything to Capital One 360, but I have a local credit union I have a safe deposit box at and also use for cash deposits and withdraws.

I rarely ever deposit cash so ally was fine for me i suppose i could thru an atm, which they reimburse fees for. I chose ally for savings because they were only one with decent rates that offered money market. So in case for an emergency i could to any atm and withdraw money from my savings account. It may not ever happen, but just knowing if I needed to i could withdraw some cash. 

Allys .85% isn't the highest but its an whole lot better than the .02 or .03 i was getting at WF!!! Alliant i also like for checking, which i don't have an really high balance, but the .68% is an whole lot better than the 0% i was getting from WF for checking lol 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 60 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.