Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom instant approval

tag
alph4
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom instant approval

Got the itch to apply this morning.

Applied for Chase Freedom due to only really wanting cash back.

Got an instant approval for $3000 and the lowest interest tier, 11.99% (however I PIF) Not the CL I was hoping for but I'll take it.

Anyone know if Chase has ever done auto-clis? I know they hard pull for requested ones...

If anyone wants to know whats in my report:

EQ 797 (checked this morning pre-app)

3% util

9 year AAoA

23.5 year oldest TL (AU, I'm 23 myself)

TLs:

AU on AmEx Green opened 1986

$5000cl AmEx Blue Cash 03/2008

$5500cl Citi Forward 09/2009

No lates/bad marks.

Reported income: 62k, rent reported $1100/month (would this have anything to do with starting CL?)

Hope this helps someone else out...

Current Cards:
American Express Blue Cash Preferred - March 2007 - CL $10,000
Citi Forward Visa Signature - September 2009 - CL $6,500
Chase Freedom - March 2011 - CL $15,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - May 2013 - CL $12,500
Discover It - November 2013 - $5,000
Barclay Arrival - January 2014 - $10,000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom instant approval

I would ask for CLI on both Amex and Citi, they should be soft pulls unless you get long form with citi.

Amex you could ask for 15k

Message 2 of 10
alph4
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would ask for CLI on both Amex and Citi, they should be soft pulls unless you get long form with citi.

I just got a CLI from 3k to 5k with AmEx about a month ago.  Have to wait another 5 months for that.

Citi I get the "call us at..."  If I do that do I talk to a rep or is it automated? What do they ask?

Current Cards:
Message 3 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@alph4 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I just got a CLI from 3k to 5k with AmEx about a month ago.  Have to wait another 5 months for that.

Citi I get the "call us at..."  If I do that do I talk to a rep or is it automated? What do they ask?

What I have been reading is they just ask income and then give you the increase.

Ask for more next time with amex!

Message 4 of 10
alph4
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@alph4 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

What I have been reading is they just ask income and then give you the increase.

I will. Just dont want to trigger FR. I have nothing to hide but its currently my main card that I put 90% of expenses on so I dont want the tradeline to get frozen for a week. Plus next month I'll be getting my $315 rewards from the last year credited.

Current Cards:
Message 5 of 10
vish1
Valued Contributor

@alph4 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@alph4 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I will. Just dont want to trigger FR. I have nothing to hide but its currently my main card that I put 90% of expenses on so I dont want the tradeline to get frozen for a week. Plus next month I'll be getting my $315 rewards from the last year credited.

Why is everyone here scared of FR? It's not as common as it sounds. They sure do NOT rely of some stupid algorithm which will mark you for a FR just coz you asked for a big CLI. You need to notice that a lot of cases where the FR happened infact had something wrong.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vish1 wrote:

@alph4 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@alph4 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Why is everyone here scared of FR? It's not as common as it sounds. They sure do NOT rely of some stupid algorithm which will mark you for a FR just coz you asked for a big CLI. You need to notice that a lot of cases where the FR happened infact had something wrong.

Yes, something absolutely horrendous like shopping at Walmart or using your AmEx card to pay an attorney.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Freedom card!!  I use mine a lot and the points add up pretty fast.  The Ultimate Rewards program usually has some good deals like discounted gift cards and such.  If you have a checking account with them too you can earn even more points on your credit card.  Make sure you sign up for the quarterly 5% cashback bonus programs.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 8 of 10
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

@alph4 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@alph4 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yes, something absolutely horrendous like shopping at Walmart or using your AmEx card to pay an attorney.  Smiley Wink

I said this to be as polite as I could be to people who lied about their income in the application, but to also indicate that the FR truly catches many cheats (offcourse some good guys get into trouble with that. This said, I will rather blame the liar's filling crap in the card application forms instead of Amex.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 9 of 10
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@alph4 wrote:

Got the itch to apply this morning.

Applied for Chase Freedom due to only really wanting cash back.

Got an instant approval for $3000 and the lowest interest tier, 11.99% (however I PIF) Not the CL I was hoping for but I'll take it.

Anyone know if Chase has ever done auto-clis? I know they hard pull for requested ones...

If anyone wants to know whats in my report:

EQ 797 (checked this morning pre-app)

3% util

9 year AAoA

23.5 year oldest TL (AU, I'm 23 myself)

TLs:

AU on AmEx Green opened 1986

$5000cl AmEx Blue Cash 03/2008

$5500cl Citi Forward 09/2009

No lates/bad marks.

Reported income: 62k, rent reported $1100/month (would this have anything to do with starting CL?)

Hope this helps someone else out...

when i first got my chase freedom 2 years ago, the CL was 4500.  by the time i received my second statement, chase had auto CLI'd me to 6000.

re interest tier, my  interest rate  is 9.74% (although i have always PIF from the start)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.