Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom lists 5% cash back categories for 2011

tag
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom lists 5% cash back categories for 2011

haulingthescoreup wrote:

I went back through some statements, and duh me, they've been crediting the points all along. Smiley Very Happy I should know better than to listen to a CSR...

When Chase first changed my 2 Freedom accounts to the Ultimate Rewards program, they credited bonus points after the program period ended.  They just began awarding bonus points earlier.  In fact, I emailed Chase a couple of months ago, to confirm my enrollment in this promotional period.  The Chase rep wrote:  "The bonus rewards will post to the account six to eight weeks after the end of the offer on December 31, 2010."

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 11 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@psychic wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I went back through some statements, and duh me, they've been crediting the points all along. Smiley Very Happy I should know better than to listen to a CSR...

When Chase first changed my 2 Freedom accounts to the Ultimate Rewards program, they credited bonus points after the program period ended.  They just began awarding bonus points earlier.  In fact, I emailed Chase a couple of months ago, to confirm my enrollment in this promotional period.  The Chase rep wrote:  "The bonus rewards will post to the account six to eight weeks after the end of the offer on December 31, 2010."

Bless their confused little hearts. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!  psychic, what have you been shopping?   Nice Rewards pts!

Do you have a chase checking acct also?   I am not happy about their new monthly service fee.  I had to request to change my direct deposit from NFCU to Chase Checking acct to avoid that fee, and earn the 10/10 Bonus pts.

@psychic wrote:

For the past 2 Freedom quarterly promotions, I've been receiving some of my rewards before the promotional period ends.  On my December Chase statement, I received bonus points for purchases made from October-November:

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info hauling  Smiley Wink     I just logged on and signed-up my freedoms.

CHASE FREEDOM REWARDS SUMMARY ACCOUNT ACTIVITY
                  New Balance: $485.56
Minimum Payment Due:   $10.00

Previous Points Balance:  2,999
                           Points earned on purchases:     486
            10% Bonus Points per $1 You Spend:       49
              Bonus 10 Points on Every Purchase:     250
Points earned from 5% Quarterly Promotion:     425
                                       Courtesy adjustments:     601
                                           Current Points Total:  4,810

As a Chase Checking customer, you earn more cash back for all your spending! You get 1 point for every $1 you spend, plus
you will receive 10% bonus points per $1 spent and 10 bonus points on every purchase. Redeeming your points for cash back is
easy! You can receive a check, statement credit, or even direct deposit into your Chase Checking account.

Most likely I use my Freedoms for;

Jan ~ Mar:   Grocery Stores / Drugstores

Jul ~ Sep:    Gas

Oct ~ Dec:   Dining / Dept. Stores / Movies

Too bad ... nothing in Apr ~ Jun for me.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The followings are Discover More 5% Categories. 

They got same categories as Chase in March, and July ~ Sep.

I will use Discover in Apr ~ June, and July ~ Sep

January–March

Earn 5% Cashback Bonus* on up to $800 in purchases January through March at:

• Airlines
  • Hotels
  • Restaurants NEW!
  • Car Rentals
  • Cruises

March only

Earn 5% Cashback Bonus throughout March at:

• Grocery Stores
  • Drug Stores
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.