Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom over the limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom over the limit

I can't help but ponder if this type of behavior "muddies the water" for the rest of us. Just wondering, not judging...

Message 61 of 126
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, I wished you had posted your intentions before and not after for knowledge and feedback about the consequences of what will happen.  But it has already happen.  If this is not paid back quickly, it may ruin your relationship with Chase in the future.

Hopefully, this serves as a lesson for others planning to do the same thing.  I hope your purchase was worth it for the trouble.

Message 62 of 126
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes! Hope it continues to work out for you.
Message 63 of 126
Open123
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

As for learning:   IF Chase really follows through with what they told the OP (no need to pay the OTL charges immediately , 0% APR remains in place) this was a successful experience.  Of course there is that IF, but the statement seemed to require only min payment.

Right, this could be a valuable Chase data point for those who may in the future require 0% short term loan, since I had never thought this would have been possible.  I had always assumed that Visa Sig/WEMC were similar to Amex OL, where any amount above the CL must be PIF and may not be revolved by the due date.

Message 64 of 126
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@akula wrote:
Obviously he is not going to answer the question about what was charged. This type of action is why I have no problem with banks charging big interest on credit cards. The world is full of cheats. It is clear this is exactly what the OP was doing by how he ran the charges. He obviously learned nothing from his poor credit choices in his twenties.

OP was running charges that way to get them approved.  I don't view that as cheating at all.   Chase is always aware of the outstanding balance and can accept or decline any charge based on their algorithms.

As for learning:   IF Chase really follows through with what they told the OP (no need to pay the OTL charges immediately , 0% APR remains in place) this was a successful experience.  Of course there is that IF, but the statement seemed to require only min payment.

Well, I certainly view this as a highly dishonest act.  Apparently, Chase shared my viewpoint - they closed his account(s).  Obviously, he had some type of experience doing this or researched, which enhances the deceit in my opinion.

Message 65 of 126
padme
Established Contributor

This thread is just so crazy. Sounds like OP had a plan, and it worked
Message 66 of 126
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@akula wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@akula wrote:
Obviously he is not going to answer the question about what was charged. This type of action is why I have no problem with banks charging big interest on credit cards. The world is full of cheats. It is clear this is exactly what the OP was doing by how he ran the charges. He obviously learned nothing from his poor credit choices in his twenties.

OP was running charges that way to get them approved.  I don't view that as cheating at all.   Chase is always aware of the outstanding balance and can accept or decline any charge based on their algorithms.

Well, I certainly view this as a highly dishonest act.  Apparently, Chase shared my viewpoint - they closed his account(s).  Obviously, he had some type of experience doing this or researched, which enhances the deceit in my opinion.

What makes you think that?   Chase closed the card because of perceived risk (too rapid use of credit) not because it was "highly dishonest."   Chase is not shy about accusing people of violating T&Cs, as with UR transfer shutdowns.

Message 67 of 126
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@akula wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@akula wrote:

What makes you think that?   Chase closed the card because of perceived risk (too rapid use of credit) not because it was "highly dishonest."   Chase is not shy about accusing people of violating T&Cs, as with UR transfer shutdowns.

No matter how you spin the verbiage, the conclusion remains the same.  Chase closed his account(s) and no longer wishes to have him as a customer.  If that is not AA, then I am not sure what is.  I believe Chase was 110%  justified at closing the account and to be honest, I hope all his accounts suffer AA.

Message 68 of 126
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@akula wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@akula wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@akula wrote:

No matter how you spin the verbiage, the conclusion remains the same.  Chase closed his account(s) and no longer wishes to have him as a customer.  If that is not AA, then I am not sure what is.  I believe Chase was 110%  justified at closing the account and to be honest, I hope all his accounts suffer AA.

Of course it is AA, but AA is taken for various reasons, and I am saying your statement that Chase did this because it was "highly dishonest" is unsupported.

"to be honest, I hope all his accounts suffer AA"  is just nasty, what is it to you?

Message 69 of 126
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

Chase actually did a HUGE favor to the OP by closing the account, essentually turned it into a personal loan.

If they would have kept it open, OP would have defaulted.

Message 70 of 126
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.