Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom pre-qual with no credit history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom pre-qual with no credit history

I have my sister as an AU on 3 of my cards (all opened this year) and I check her pre-quals every now and then. Yesterday I saw the Freedom and Slate show up. I'm waiting for the $200 bonus before I refer her to apply for the Freedom, but I was wondering if she had a chance at some Chase co-branded cards. She has no history of her own, just 5 months of AU history (two of her AU cards are a CSP and TY Premier). I'm about to app for the Prestige myself but want her to get some bonuses (like the 75k Hilton) while I let my credit cool down a bit. CK shows her scores at ~700. If she can't get any nice co-branded cards with Citi or Chase, I'll have her get a basic Discover or BofA card. But she doesn't mind spending an inquiry or two with a prime lender if the AU history can get her something. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom pre-qual with no credit history

The AU history is HISTORY.  So she should be fine for any card as of now..

Message 2 of 11
rockbttm442
Frequent Contributor

^

As true as this is some banks(Chase included) wants to see personal history. I was originally denied the Freedom. Only acct I had was my QS1 which was open for 3 months and my gf Kohls card(AU) 3 years history. Recon approved me for $500 but it took some convincing. Not saying it's impossible but don't want to get hopes up either.
Cap 1 QS1 - $3300, Kemba CU - $500, Chase Freedom - $500, Sears MC - $751, Sears - $2000, Hot Topic - $1230, Grismer - $1200, Target - $1800, Walmart - $200, Home Depot - $500, Discover IT Chrome - $7000, Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5000
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been known to happen, yes.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my $7k Freedom and $7k CSP with only AU history. I was an AU on a $25k 18 year old card. Definitely one of the best possible cards to be put on. Your sister will have more accounts but shorter history, not sure about your CL.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did she app yet?

Message 6 of 11
red259
Super Contributor

@rockbttm442 wrote:
^

As true as this is some banks(Chase included) wants to see personal history. I was originally denied the Freedom. Only acct I had was my QS1 which was open for 3 months and my gf Kohls card(AU) 3 years history. Recon approved me for $500 but it took some convincing. Not saying it's impossible but don't want to get hopes up either.

Even though she is prequalified for the card?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 7 of 11
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The AU history is HISTORY.  So she should be fine for any card as of now..

+1

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 8 of 11
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Doesn't hurt for her to give it a shot. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

Doesn't hurt for her to give it a shot. 

That's what I thought, so I had her apply for a JetBlue Amex. Instant approval! So I guess AU history is history after all.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.