Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom question

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom question

@jsickz32 wrote:
When i applied for mine i had 0 inqs in the last 12 months on EQ and i was approved for $500....that same day i was was approved for BCE for 2500. im thinking about closing my freedom

I wouldn't close the Freedom....Chase is a good CCC and, to me, stays on top of the rewards market, IMO. Also, I want to fix your signature....too many misspelled words!

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 21 of 28
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

What is the credit score requirement for this card? Are they inquiry sensitive even on recon??? I have 3 derogs and 6 inquiries the past 6 months 12 the past 2 years rebuilding... Im in the garden but was wondering if i have a shot

I'd be concerned about the recent INQ's. When do you plan on apping?

I was actually gonna pull the trigger earlier! Lol ..but i stopped myself... I just want a real rewards card since i use my capital one for everything... Singe i bank with chase, i think their rewards would be a lot better.... Im thinkin about discover and zync but i dont know if they will approve me with 3 derogs

How old are the derogs and are they paid??

One was falling off this december (unpaid)... one was falling off 2014 (paid).. and another unpaid one was almost 5 years old...... I started with 7 negs 5 months ago, then I found this forum and am down with these....

I would consider waiting at least 6 months to a year before apping with Chase. The unpaid derogs wont be in your favor but the older they are the less they will hurt you.

+1.

AMEX Zync is no longer offered either so you wouldn't be able to apply for it.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 22 of 28
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@resilient wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:
When i applied for mine i had 0 inqs in the last 12 months on EQ and i was approved for $500....that same day i was was approved for BCE for 2500. im thinking about closing my freedom

I wouldn't close the Freedom....Chase is a good CCC and, to me, stays on top of the rewards market, IMO. Also, I want to fix your signature....too many misspelled words!

Smiley LOL I didn't even notice the signature until you pointed it out...lol

Message 23 of 28
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:

why close?  no AF... and it will grow with you.  keep it open, you already took an HP for it.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 24 of 28
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Anyone know how the initial cashback bonus works? You spend 500 in 90 days, you get a 100 bonus. Is this a statement credit? I can't find any info on it.

Message 25 of 28
resilient
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@resilient wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

Smiley LOL I didn't even notice the signature until you pointed it out...lol

LOL, sorry, spelling was my strongest subject in school......Smiley Very Happy

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 26 of 28
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl
You can the 100 back which ever way you want. I ask for cash and received a check for 144 in 3 days.

@resilient
Lmao and i wanna close it and apply again 6 months from now.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 27 of 28
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
@maiden_girl
You can the 100 back which ever way you want. I ask for cash and received a check for 144 in 3 days.

@resilient
Lmao and i wanna close it and apply again 6 months from now.

Thanks. I should expect to see a cash back bonus soon then.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.