Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom response...

tag
sbboy
Established Member

Chase Freedom response...

Just applied for Chase Freedom card. Scores are TU-713(MYFICO) AND EQ-738(MYFICO)

This was the response:

We have received your application. Our analysts are currently reviewing your application, and our goal is to notify you within 10 days of this application. Notifications are usually sent within this time, but in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days for processing.

Please do not resubmit your application.

Please close this window. If you don't, someone could access your personal information by using the 'back' button on your browser.

What are the odds apps that get these responses are actually approved? Should I follow it up with a phone call to their backdoor number or wait?? Thanks for any help.

Oct.28--TU -713, EQ-738
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom response...

I would definitely follow up via the back door number if I were you. It doesn't sound like their typical denial. Good luck!

Message 2 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

I would definitely follow up via the back door number if I were you. It doesn't sound like their typical denial. Good luck!

The automated app status number on the backdoor numbers thread will get you what you want

Message 3 of 10
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Call them - use a backdoor number. They are typically very nice to work with and you can get your answer right away...

Good luck!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same response with my Freedom app so I called the backdoor number and spoke with someone. After asking a few questions and then having to call back to verify my identity I was approved!
Message 5 of 10
Ms-Kato
Contributor

I recieved the same message...think I'll call them.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

got that same message, never called anyone

got an approval email like four days later

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same response when I applied for the sapphire; lets see what hapens.

Thank you for applying for the CHASE SAPPHIRE CARD

We have received your application. Our analysts are currently reviewing your application, and our goal is to notify you within 10 days of this application. Notifications are usually sent within this time, but in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days for processing.

Please do not resubmit your application.

Please close this window. If you don't, someone could access your personal information by using the 'back' button on your browser.

Message 8 of 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

700+ should be a shoe in for the Freedom card.

Message 9 of 10
sbboy
Established Member

Thanks for all the replies. I called the backdoor number and the rep I spoke with said my app was declined because I needed to send proof of identity/address(copy of social security card and a bill). Anyone ever heard that?

What I think happened was I'm AD military, so for my address I put my folks address which is on my driver's license and where I'm still registered to vote, but I've had a more recent address I've at off of base. I moved out of there before I left for my current deployment so I'm thinking by not putting that recent address down on the app, caused it to be flagged.

Unfortunately, I don't have any way to get Chase the documents they need while I'm over here. Is this something another phone call could fix/can I verify who I am over the phone?? Or, should I just wait until I get home in late December and handle then?

I really wanted that card waiting for me when I got home and I think my scores would have been good enough.

What's funny is, it looks like from my credit alert, that Chase did a hard inquiry anyway...all for nothing...

Kinda bummed. Any tips would be appreciated.

Oct.28--TU -713, EQ-738
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.