Chase Freedom temp 10% cashback

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom temp 10% cashback

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Too bad they don't offer 10% on contraceptives for those who don't need diapers...

I'm sure Amazon has you covered there Smiley Happy #conspiracy

And I knew one person who liked to use both simultaneously. Smiley Wink

163 views and not a single Kudos or followup comment? I'm surprised!

Message 41 of 61
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Nice! I love it when credit card companies compete with each other! Smiley Very Happy

Message 42 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Didn't see this covered in any of the other Chase threads that got posted today.  

Looks like the 4th quarter Freedom categories are getting bumped to 10% cashback November 23 - December 31:

https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/faq?jp_cmp=/68525/ema/EM05543/Body_Textlink_1

Does this count for new accounts? I've been pre approved for the freedom online since August. I finally got a letter for it in the mail today. The only thing that's stopping me from applying for this is I plan on started the mortgage pre approval process in January. However, when I received an offer from Amex in September, I couldn't resist and got the Amex everyday. Smiley Embarassed

Did you app yet?

(Note: The above is neither a recommendation nor a solicitation of an application of the credit card being discussed herein. An application should only be made after thoroughly reviewing the material, both benefits and terms of service, provided by the credit card issuing entity. You should read the provided material carefully in order to understand fully all of the implications and risks of the offering of the credit card to which it relates. The achievement of any or all goals is not guaranteed. There is no assurance that the value or benefits of the credit card will be sufficient to justify the application for same. It is just a question.)

Nice disclaimer, do you have that in a macro?

Added disclaimer, did you app yet is no guarantee of approval.

Of course. With my crappy typing skills, I have to!

Message 43 of 61
yfan
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

KDM, I have a simple solution for your trolling issues. If you do not have a particular card, such as, say Chase Freedom, then don't be the first reply to a thread that just started talking about Chase Freedom to take it immediately off topic. It's called trolling, and you are doing it now.

If a point is off topic from the thread, then you can't keep weasling it into your negative, non-FSR comments.

Fine. Stop talking.

A well-written trolling post always tries to wrap up with what sounds like praise.

Accusations of trolling is FAR more disruptive to a thread's topic than commenting on a card that one doesn't possess (though one may possess a closely matched rival card). Because this then gets into the area of back-and-forths between the accused and the accuser rather than a productive discussion of the topic. This is why the 'report' button exists, so if someone really is trolling, they can be reported and mods can decide. That's more productive, more decisive, and less disruptive.

Message 44 of 61
taxi818
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Not surprised, it makes sense in order to compete with Discover. Unfortunately it doesnt save the fact that the categories are pretty weak for most people except for amazon.

+1 yeah! Diapers .com. Unreal just read some other post. Take it easy fellas. Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 61
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

This is obviously good for Freedom users who use amazon.   On a straight cash-back level, on Amazon (which with its large product set and gift cards covers a LOT of stuff), you now have the opportunity to earn $225 this quarter, compared to $75 or $150 on Discover (depending if you got in with the doubled offer)

Message 46 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PSA: 10% Category Bonus for Chase Freedom Nov 23-Dec 31

Thanks for sharing. I am planning to spend $4000 on Amazon before year end!!

Message 47 of 61
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Make sure you do 1500 before the 23rd and another 1500 after the 23rd for maximum cashback!

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 48 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Make sure you do 1500 before the 23rd and another 1500 after the 23rd for maximum cashback!

@Anonymous wrote:

Ahh right! Thanks for the heads up Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

With 25% off from amex offer, this offer is whatever.
Message 50 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.