Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom to Freedom Signature

tag
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom to Freedom Signature

I have a Chase Freedom Visa with a $5,000 credit limit and I just called and got it upgraded to Visa Signature! They just asked my income and rent/mortgage payments, and without any credit pull were able to give me the upgrade! Any hidden features I should know about so I can take advantage of my upgraded card?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
melbaro
New Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom to Freedom Signature

Nice!! I'm going to try and convert my MC Freedom to VISA Siggy the same time I apply for MC CSP.

Message 2 of 18
djrez4
Established Contributor

How long have you had the card?

Message 3 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Check the Visa Signature website! There are a TON of benefits!!

Out of curiosity, how long did you have Chase Freedom before you got the upgrade?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 18
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

How long have you had the card?

I've had it for 15 or 16 months.

Message 5 of 18
firesoul453
Contributor

Did you do anything special? I asked them to switch my card over and they said no.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 6 of 18
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

I just emailed customer service and got a call (which I verified through the number on the back of my card) for my income/rental info. I know you have to have at least a $5,000 credit limit. I'd imagine you also need to have had the card for at least 13 months before they will do a PC (Visa to Visa Signature is a PC).

Message 7 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

With Chase correct me if i'm wrong, if you get Signature, don't they stop reporting your CL?

Message 8 of 18
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

With Chase correct me if i'm wrong, if you get Signature, don't they stop reporting your CL?

Recently they started reporting CLs. The bureaus made a change so they can report it as a soft limit card but still report your "limit" rather than your high balance.

Message 9 of 18
Jlu
Established Contributor

What is with this 13 month myth that everyone keeps rehashing? I've asked CSRs a few times about PCs and never have I heard 13 months.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.