Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom to Freedom Signature

tag
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom to Freedom Signature

Just called on mine, have had it for 12 months.. CSR told me that its not eligible YET for a chance to go from standard to a Visa Signature.. Said try back in a 3 - 4 months as they want to see at least 13-15 months of activity.  Also stated that you must qualify for the upgrade based on credit profile and a Min of $5000 CL, which is what mine is.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had my visa upgraded to the signature version and the requirements are that your account has to be open for 1 year and a 5000 credit line must be on the account. If they tell you otherwise ask for the request to be escalated to the chase marketing department. 

Message 12 of 18
djrez4
Established Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

What is with this 13 month myth that everyone keeps rehashing? I've asked CSRs a few times about PCs and never have I heard 13 months.

I think it relates back to the CARD act.  I know you can't PC to a product with a higher annual fee within the first 13 months.  I'm not sure how the change from Visa to Signature connects, but I assume it's related.

Message 13 of 18
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@jason86423 wrote:

Just called on mine, have had it for 12 months.. CSR told me that its not eligible YET for a chance to go from standard to a Visa Signature.. Said try back in a 3 - 4 months as they want to see at least 13-15 months of activity.  Also stated that you must qualify for the upgrade based on credit profile and a Min of $5000 CL, which is what mine is. 

I would like to point out here that the $5,000 CL may be required to upgrade to the Freedom Signature, but not simply to be approved for the Freedom Signature as a new tradeline. I have mentioned on this forum before that I have a co-worker with a relatively new $2,800 Freedom Signature credit access line. They matched his current highest tradeline (GECRB/CareCredit) and the card does say Signature on it. While I know many of you already have Freedom cards and are looking specifically to PC to the Signature, I also know that many people here do not have one and might qualify for the Signature card even if they don't already have a $5,000 tradeline reporting. In my co-worker's case, I would attribute the approval to his AAoA of over 6 years and no negative records on his report.

It may very well depend on how you do the application which one you are approved for, just like filling out an application for a Sapphire won't cause you to be approved for the Sapphire Preferred.

Message 14 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Does the Sig card have an AF? I have a $3k Chase that I was going to CLI @ 1 yr anniv in March. Maybe I can CLI and upgrade to Sig at same time.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 15 of 18
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Congrats!

@Does the Sig card have an AF? I have a $3k Chase that I was going to CLI @ 1 yr anniv in March. Maybe I can CLI and upgrade to Sig at same time.

Nope, no AF on the Sig Freedom card! There is no reason to not get the Sig if you are offered.

Message 16 of 18
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Smiley Happyscientifics wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Congrats!

@Does the Sig card have an AF? I have a $3k Chase that I was going to CLI @ 1 yr anniv in March. Maybe I can CLI and upgrade to Sig at same time.

Nope, no AF on the Sig Freedom card! There is no reason to not get the Sig if you are offered.

Unless you feel guilty about making merchants pay a higher interchange fee. Smiley Happy

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 17 of 18
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

I didn't realize Signature had a higher interchange fee...is that really true?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.