Frequent Contributor
scientifics

Chase Freedom to Freedom Signature

I have a Chase Freedom Visa with a $5,000 credit limit and I just called and got it upgraded to Visa Signature! They just asked my income and rent/mortgage payments, and without any credit pull were able to give me the upgrade! Any hidden features I should know about so I can take advantage of my upgraded card?

New Contributor
melbaro

Re: Chase Freedom to Freedom Signature

Nice!! I'm going to try and convert my MC Freedom to VISA Siggy the same time I apply for MC CSP.

Established Contributor
djrez4

How long have you had the card?

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Check the Visa Signature website! There are a TON of benefits!!

Out of curiosity, how long did you have Chase Freedom before you got the upgrade?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Frequent Contributor
scientifics

djrez4 wrote:

How long have you had the card?

I've had it for 15 or 16 months.

Contributor
firesoul453

Did you do anything special? I asked them to switch my card over and they said no.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Frequent Contributor
scientifics

I just emailed customer service and got a call (which I verified through the number on the back of my card) for my income/rental info. I know you have to have at least a $5,000 credit limit. I'd imagine you also need to have had the card for at least 13 months before they will do a PC (Visa to Visa Signature is a PC).

Super Contributor
CS800

With Chase correct me if i'm wrong, if you get Signature, don't they stop reporting your CL?

Frequent Contributor
scientifics

[ Edited ]

CS800 wrote:

With Chase correct me if i'm wrong, if you get Signature, don't they stop reporting your CL?

Recently they started reporting CLs. The bureaus made a change so they can report it as a soft limit card but still report your "limit" rather than your high balance.

Established Contributor
Jlu

What is with this 13 month myth that everyone keeps rehashing? I've asked CSRs a few times about PCs and never have I heard 13 months.

JP Morgan Select $10k | CSP $10k | Citi TY Premier $15k | BofA 3-2-1 $15k | Chase Freedom $10k | Discover IT $10k | Barclaycard $15k | AMEX SPG $5k | AMEX PRG NPSL | NASA Platinum-Advantage $10k | CapOne Quicksilver $3k | Walmart Card $5k | Amazon Card $10k | Chase Auto 1.49% | Joined myFICO 6/12 with a 540 FICO & today I'm over 750!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}