cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom - totally frusturated...update!

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom - totally frusturated...update!

I'm really surprised Chase didn't approve you. Congrats on the Discover It though.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 11 of 17
compassion101
Established Contributor

I think a reasonable interpretation for you to use on an app would be that you have no monthly rent/mortgage, or that it is included in your job. This seems fair and honest since you share finances with your husband, let his income pay for the mortgage and you don't have a mortgage payment (or your half or the mortgage gets provided by your part time homemaker job).

I don't think there is anything misleading by using that interpretation.

Message 12 of 17
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@compassion101 wrote:

I think a reasonable interpretation for you to use on an app would be that you have no monthly rent/mortgage, or that it is included in your job. This seems fair and honest since you share finances with your husband, let his income pay for the mortgage and you don't have a mortgage payment (or your half or the mortgage gets provided by your part time homemaker job).

If it's not misleading to arbitrarily create an income... can I make myself a billionaire on apps? The figure is pretty conservative considering the joy my presence brings others Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
compassion101
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@compassion101 wrote:

If it's not misleading to arbitrarily create an income... can I make myself a billionaire on apps? The figure is pretty conservative considering the joy my presence brings others Smiley Happy

I'd give you a LOC large enough to kick start the economy Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 17
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I agree. You share the same household income and expenses, I would have put his salary on the app. It is similar to adding child support as additional income...you count on his income to survive. That is what will be paying your bill right? You could always have him apply and then be added as an AU and then you will have your Freedom that way.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
I agree. You share the same household income and expenses, I would have put his salary on the app. It is similar to adding child support as additional income...you count on his income to survive. That is what will be paying your bill right? You could always have him apply and then be added as an AU and then you will have your Freedom that way.

I did something similar to that.  

DW is one of those unique individuals that thinks even one card is one too many.  She has used her employer's business card for decades and only had 1 - yes, 1 - TL on her credit report from an old Navy Federal LOC.  Applied for Freedom and they said that although she had a long history, it was rather thin.  Rather than accepting the $500 limit they offered her, I put her as AU on my Freedom and then a few months later added her as joint owner.  

A month after it starts reporting, Chase practically threw a CSP at her feet.  

Message 16 of 17
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

@AshCas wrote:

Called Chase a second time yesterday, the rep said she understood where I was coming from, but that her "hands were tied". 

No biggie though.  I applied for Discover IT, and Amex BCE today and got instant approval on both Smiley Happy 

Congrats. Hopefully you selected these cards because you needed them and not to stroke your ego Man LOL

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.