cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom - totally frusturated...update!

tag
AshCas
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom - totally frusturated...update!

I applied for a Chase Freedom today - and got the 7-10 day message. I figured the issue was high util (I just paid both of my existing cards down, and it just wasn't reporting yet).   The customer service guy said it wasn't a credit issue, as I have scores in the 750's, and was able to prove that I had paid both of my existing cards off.  The issue was my income!  I dont make enough to cover both my mortgage and other monthly obligations based on my income alone.  I explained that I understood what he was saying, but I'm married, and my husband earns substantially more than I do.   Chase doesn't allow for joint applications, so I'm pretty much SOL on this one....

Anyone have an email address for the executive office? 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom - totally frusturated

Call the back door and talked to another rep.... you may get lucky! 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 17
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I don't but I would try to recon one more time with a different rep. Some have gotten approved on second recon.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 3 of 17
colindidit
Established Contributor

Yeah I would try a different rep...maybe you can haggle on a certain credit limit 

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 4 of 17
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

@AshCas wrote:

I applied for a Chase Freedom today - and got the 7-10 day message. I figured the issue was high ITIL (I just paid both of my existing cards down, and it just wasn't reporting yet).   The customer service guy said it wasn't a credit issue, as I have scores in the 750's, and was able to prove that I had paid both of my existing cards off.  The issue was my income!  I don't make enough to cover both my mortgage and other monthly obligations based on my income alone.  I explained that I understood what he was saying, but I'm married, and my husband earns substantially more than I do.   Chase doesn't allow for joint applications, so I'm pretty much SOL on this one....

Anyone have an email address for the executive office?  

I thought there were several states that include household income. Are you in one of those states? Someone else may be able to post what states they are and what 

the deal is on that

Message 5 of 17
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I was looking on fat wallet and someone posted that she applied for a chase card  and posted it on  Dec 2011 and put homemaker for job and used husbands income for income and was approved.   Here is the post I read.

My wife just got the Southwest Chase card, put Homemaker as her job, and used my income for the income section. Was approved for 17k .. funny thing is, when I applied for a Chase card a few weeks before, I only got approved for 5k

Message 6 of 17
AshCas
Regular Contributor

That's crazy!  

I'll definitely be contacting them again to get this straightened out. 

Message 7 of 17
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Can't you put both incomes since they ask for how much you make along with any other income you depend on?
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 8 of 17
AshCas
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom - totally frusturated...update!

Called Chase a second time yesterday, the rep said she understood where I was coming from, but that her "hands were tied". 

No biggie though.  I applied for Discover IT, and Amex BCE today and got instant approval on both Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 17
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom - totally frusturated...update!

Sorry to hear about the Chase problem, but congrats on your Discover and Amex approvals! I am surprised Chase is giving you a hard time on that.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.