cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom upgraded to Chase Freedom Unlimited!

tag
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom upgraded to Chase Freedom Unlimited!

Chase Freedom upgraded to Freedom Unlimited! Excited! Was even filled in on how the card color is different! WIll get new card in 3-5 days will post pic when I get it with my numbers taped over securely with blackout paper!

Message 1 of 87
86 REPLIES 86
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom upgraded to Chase Freedom Unlimited!

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

Chase Freedom upgraded to Freedom Unlimited! Excited! Was even filled in on how the card color is different! WIll get new card in 3-5 days will post pic when I get it with my numbers taped over securely with blackout paper!

How did you do this ?  Chat ?  Phone ?

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 87
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats is your freedom 5k+ limit?
Message 3 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. The unlimited looks nice (aesthetics) from what I've seen online.

At some point later this year maybe I'll PC my Slate to the unlimited and stick with Chase for all purchases.

Message 4 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

How's that an upgrade?

Message 5 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How's that an upgrade?

If he thinks it as an upgrade, then to him it is.  Others might see it just as different card.

Message 6 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How's that an upgrade?

If he thinks it as an upgrade, then to him it is.  Others might see it just as different card.

Sure. I could see myself getting FU, but no way would I PC my Freedom to it. Why would I miss out on the 5% categories for just  0.5% extra?

Message 7 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How's that an upgrade?

Sure. I could see myself getting FU, but no way would I PC my Freedom to it. Why would I miss out on the 5% categories for just  0.5% extra?

I agree but maybe some people don't spend enough in the 5% categories to see it being worth more than an all around 1.5% card.

Message 8 of 87
EdMan63
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How's that an upgrade?

I agree but maybe some people don't spend enough in the 5% categories to see it being worth more than an all around 1.5% card.

Exactly. I PC my Freedom to an Unlimited. When I looked at my year end statement on my Freedom card and saw my spending breakdown, my use of catergory spending is underwhelming to say the least. My main spending comes from travel. My CSP or Amex Delta cover that.  My wife buys groceries with her BCE or Costco TE and my business buys my gas. What's left? Restaurants? 3 mos a year? 1.5% everyday  beats 5% 3 mos a year. 

Message 9 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I jus t called to PC to Fu and rep said yeah sure and then she said oh wait you need to have 5K limit and we need to pull your credit. I said no. 

Message 10 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.