cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom upgraded to Chase Freedom Unlimited!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom upgraded to Chase Freedom Unlimited!

@Anonymous wrote:

I jus t called to PC to Fu and rep said yeah sure and then she said oh wait you need to have 5K limit and we need to pull your credit. I said no. 

CSR was wrong about the need to pull your credit.  If your Freedom has the needed limit, just send a SM requesting the PC

Message 11 of 87
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How's that an upgrade?

From the name alone!    XX -> XX Unlimited      SUrely you wouldn't want to be stuck with a boring limited card.  Sounds like an upgrade, even if it really isn't.....

Message 12 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I jus t called to PC to Fu and rep said yeah sure and then she said oh wait you need to have 5K limit and we need to pull your credit. I said no. 

CSR was wrong about the need to pull your credit.  If your Freedom has the needed limit, just send a SM requesting the PC

My current limit is $2,200 and according to the rep, I must have minimum $5,000 limit to PC to FU. I tried few months ago to get a CLI and was denied so I did not want to waste another HP. Shoul I just send a SM, instead? Thanks. 

Message 13 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

But why would anyone use this card over the Citi Double Cash? I don't get the appeal. I'll stick with my normal Freedom for category purchases and Ultimate Rewards bonuses and my Fido for 2% across the board.
Message 14 of 87
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
But why would anyone use this card over the Citi Double Cash? I don't get the appeal. I'll stick with my normal Freedom for category purchases and Ultimate Rewards bonuses and my Fido for 2% across the board.

Because for some, 1.5 UR > 2c

Message 15 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pc'd a 13 year old flexible rewards card with a $500 limit a week ago and they didn't say anything about minimum limit at that time. I did move $10k from my $32k SW card bet but that wasn't until after the pc was done...maybe try again
Message 16 of 87
bldmt
Regular Contributor

I had no problem PC'ing my $3.5K Slate, I did it via SM and it was quick and easy.

Message 17 of 87
ddemari
Super Contributor

They told me via secure message they would need to do a CLI on the card because it has a 5000 limit requirement too
Message 18 of 87
msbia
Established Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
They told me via secure message they would need to do a CLI on the card because it has a 5000 limit requirement too

Strange. They must be figuring it out as they go because last week when people starting requesting the PC, i saw several get it done with less than $5k limits. Sorry DD! 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 19 of 87
ddemari
Super Contributor

Good to know! I wonder if it's something weird like the 3k limit is attached to a sapphire visa signature, I reduced the credit line on it but they still keep its signature status. But maybe if you pc it they can't do it? Who knows because now we have 500 dollar Amazon visa signatures lol.
Message 20 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.