cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom upgraded to Visa Signature!

tag
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom upgraded to Visa Signature!

For those interested in upgrading their regular Chase Freedom Visa to a Visa Signature, these were the terms I was given through Secure Message:

Good status with all lenders.
Good credit score, 720 or above.
Good risk score of 101 or below.
The system must verify that the Customer has been with the bank for 12 months or longer.

Customer's ability to pay.

Now I was told that the terms above are the minimum needed to be considered and do NOT guarantee the approval or product change to a Visa Signature. I called in yesterday 9/17/2013 and spoke to an extremely nice CSR who told me my account was eligible and that she would send in my request, which could take 7-10 days. Today I found a missed call from Chase and decided to call back. I was told that I was approved and would get a card rushed out. I had a similar experience with Capital One, when I was given the option to PC my card to Quicksilver. I was told that it would be converted to a Visa Signature, low and behold it wasn't. So I decided to send a Secure Message to double check and I got a positive confirmation. The first time I tried to upgrade the card to a Visa Signature my card was under the 5K limit and less than 12 months active. This time I had more luck. From what I have heard it really depends on if you have the offer available on your account. I have been confirmed various times that there is very little a CSR can do regarding the topic, so I was not persistent.  I only called in once to ask about this upgrade. My advice would be not to badger CS about the topic, calling in multiple times has not proven to be the key. In my experience I have had nothing but amazing customer service from Chase, which is why I always use their products. Those who are patient usually reap the benefits. If your account is not available for this upgrade now, wait 3-6 months and ask again.

Good Luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Freedom upgraded to Visa Signature!

Message 2 of 11
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Yah, thanks for posting.  It's good info for me since I just got approved for Chase Freedom (non-siggy) with $4k limit.  Hoping to join the CSP crowd soon. Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 11
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! This forum has been so essential (as well as fun) to me on my credit journey. The least I can do is try to help others out Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 11
resilient
Established Contributor

i just got mine upgraded too, a day after the 12 month mark, yesterday. i had to go through EO though, my account wasn't eligible smh....

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 6 of 11
justforting
Regular Contributor

Useful info! I like it!Smiley Very Happy

Will do it someday!

Last App: 09/17/2013 // No App Until: Mortgage (05/14?)

Cards in my wallet: AMEX BCE ($8000) // CITI AA VISA SIG ($5000) // CHASE FREEDOM ($3500) // DISCOVER IT ($1000) // CAP ONE NC ($1000) // WALMART DISCOVER ($1600)
Credit Scores: FICO TU08 (10/13): 739 // Credit Karma (10/13): 677??!! // Credit Sesame (10/13): 730
Next Goal: CSP (after mortgage probably...)
Message 7 of 11
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

I literally just got my card! Less than 24hrs. after being upgraded, that is real expedited service. On another note, the card looks different. Either I'm going crazy or it has a darker hue of blue. Also the words freedom and the chase logo are not printed with foil rather they are more of a shiny white. Go figure... either way I am extremely satisfied with the upgrade!

Message 8 of 11
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Awesome news!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats and thx for the info Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.