Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom upgraded to Visa Signature

tag
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom upgraded to Visa Signature

@Chris679 wrote:
EO just called me back last night to say they switched me from Slate to Freedom after asking regular CSRs many times

Thanks everyone. EO just finally switched my Slate to a Freedom after i've attempted and failed the past 2 years! They said because it was a MC and they only switch to Visa's (just an excuse i think) that the regular CSRs cant do it.

Message 11 of 20
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@Lin55 wrote:

@Chris679 wrote:
EO just called me back last night to say they switched me from Slate to Freedom after asking regular CSRs many times

Thanks everyone. EO just finally switched my Slate to a Freedom after i've attempted and failed the past 2 years! They said because it was a MC and they only switch to Visa's (just an excuse i think) that the regular CSRs cant do it.

She also said my account number will change - my TL and age will stay the same, right?

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Nice upgrade. Last year (13 months ago) I obtained a Chase Freedom Master Card CL $13.5. Want to upgrade to a Chase Freedom World MasterCard. How to?
Message 13 of 20
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! Nice upgrade. Last year (13 months ago) I obtained a Chase Freedom Master Card CL $13.5. Want to upgrade to a Chase Freedom World MasterCard. How to?

thanks. Lol, are there really Freedom World MCs?

Message 14 of 20
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Lin55 wrote:

@Lin55 wrote:

@Chris679 wrote:

She also said my account number will change - my TL and age will stay the same, right?

When I recently PC'd from Slate to Freedom, my account number did change as it was now a Visa instead of a MC, but the APR and age of the account stayed the same.  As discussed in another thread, it even has a "Cardmember Since" date and the year listed is when I opened my Slate card.  The only drawback is that you're not eligible for any of the sweet bonuses that people apping for the Freedom card currently are.  

Message 15 of 20
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, celluloid17!

My APR for the Slate was 27.99%. WOW. lol. Too bad that stays the same during the PC!

Message 16 of 20
alph4
Regular Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

I sent an email to the EO and a few hours later I got a call from them, answered a couple questions, and my boom, my Freedom was upgraded to Visa Signature.  Goodbye, lowly Visa Platinum!  Hopefully, I'll be able to get an APR reduction once the 0% intro period ends.

Congrats. Out of curiosity, what were the "couple questions" that they asked?  I'm interested in doing this myself.

I am wondering if I would be eligible for this. I was originally approved for Freedom (Platinum) with 3k CL in 03/2011.  I transferred 12k to the CL to make it 15k when I closed my Visa Sig SWA card, and it's been at 15k for over a year.  However, when they renewed my card this month I was still only send platinum.  I still also have a Sapphire Preferred Signature at 12.5k, so they know I am able to handle the trade line.

Think it's worth a shot?

Current Cards:
American Express Blue Cash Preferred - March 2007 - CL $10,000
Citi Forward Visa Signature - September 2009 - CL $6,500
Chase Freedom - March 2011 - CL $15,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - May 2013 - CL $12,500
Discover It - November 2013 - $5,000
Barclay Arrival - January 2014 - $10,000
Message 17 of 20
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@alph4 wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

I sent an email to the EO and a few hours later I got a call from them, answered a couple questions, and my boom, my Freedom was upgraded to Visa Signature.  Goodbye, lowly Visa Platinum!  Hopefully, I'll be able to get an APR reduction once the 0% intro period ends.

Congrats. Out of curiosity, what were the "couple questions" that they asked?  I'm interested in doing this myself.

I am wondering if I would be eligible for this. I was originally approved for Freedom (Platinum) with 3k CL in 03/2011.  I transferred 12k to the CL to make it 15k when I closed my Visa Sig SWA card, and it's been at 15k for over a year.  However, when they renewed my card this month I was still only send platinum.  I still also have a Sapphire Preferred Signature at 12.5k, so they know I am able to handle the trade line.

Think it's worth a shot?

I would take a strong bet that it will work!

Message 18 of 20
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Lin55 wrote:

Thank you, @celluloid17!

My APR for the Slate was 27.99%. WOW. lol. Too bad that stays the same during the PC!

You're welcome!  Once you get your new card, I would definitely see about getting that APR lowered.

Message 19 of 20
Brax
Frequent Contributor

I've heard even contacting the EO rarely results in APR reductions. Anyone know anything differently?

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.