Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom vs Chase Freedom Plus

tag
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom vs Chase Freedom Plus

@Anonymous wrote:

However, here's what I've been doing since I transferred my wedding balance off the one chase freedom card: one card my wife and I use at gas stations, groceries, and drugstores; the other card gets used for everything else. So we get 3% back on 6 categories, with no fee!

Yes, there is still a cap, but I'm not sure that it gets hit that often. If it does, its not $300 over to pay for the fee.

I have 2 Chase Freedom cards and I do the same thing:  I use one card at gas stations, grocery stores, and drugstores; the other card for "everything else." 

In September of 2007, when I converted one Chase card to the Freedom card, I was told the rewards dollars/points earned on that card would expire in 5 years.  A couple of months ago, when I converted my remaining Chase card, I was told that the rewards dollars/points earned on that card would expire in 3 years. That doesn't bother me. 

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@psychic wrote:

In September of 2007, when I converted one Chase card to the Freedom card, I was told the rewards dollars/points earned on that card would expire in 5 years.  A couple of months ago, when I converted my remaining Chase card, I was told that the rewards dollars/points earned on that card would expire in 3 years. That doesn't bother me. 

Doesn't bother me either, if I see "rewards to expire in October 2011: $18.41" as I know I'll cash them out long before that (I've been cashing out $50 every 3-4 months, rather than waiting 12-16 months to get the $50 bonus, but I'll wait this time, since I have the bonus $100!).

It's not like my AT&T bill that says "rollover minutes to expire this month: 247" when I had recently got off the phone with them, which, during the conversation, they had agreed to give me 500 extra rollover minutes, almost half of which ended up expiring nearly immediately!

Message Edited by Mike14 on 11-08-2008 10:51 AM
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm at my 5th statement now and will already be cashing out a $200 cash rewad for the bonus check of $250.

So the $200 level cash reward bonus is something that is not clear to me.  I've been considering switching to the Freedom Plus, but the terms do not state the bonus cash at the $200 level - which is one of the better features of the basic Freedom card I use today.

Can you confirm for me that when you go to redepemption options for this account you're seeing this $250 check for 20,000 points?  And if so, do you remember if it was mentioned in the Terms when you applied?  I just want to figure out if this has changed, or is just not mentioned explicitly.

Thanks!

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm at my 5th statement now and will already be cashing out a $200 cash rewad for the bonus check of $250.

So the $200 level cash reward bonus is something that is not clear to me.  I've been considering switching to the Freedom Plus, but the terms do not state the bonus cash at the $200 level - which is one of the better features of the basic Freedom card I use today.

Can you confirm for me that when you go to redepemption options for this account you're seeing this $250 check for 20,000 points?  And if so, do you remember if it was mentioned in the Terms when you applied?  I just want to figure out if this has changed, or is just not mentioned explicitly.

Thanks!

When I click on my rewards section of my Freedom Plus, this is listed at the bottom:

You have a choice when it comes to rewarding yourself:

• Reach $50 in rewards and redeem for a $50 check, or
  • Save up $200 in rewards and redeem for a $250 check – that's a $50 bonus!
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.