Frequent Contributor
Underh20

Chase Freedom vs. Perfect Cards

I have been thinking about "upgrading" my Amazon.com Visa with Chase to either a Chase Perfect or a Freedom card.  I looked at the Chase website and checked the pricing and terms of many of their different cards and, frankly, they all seem identical to me.

Could someone please give me the introductory course Chase Cards 101, please?

Valued Contributor
chnceit

Re: Chase Freedom vs. Perfect Cards

Hi Underh20, sorry but I am not an expert but from my understanding and I have the Perfect Card you can get 3% cash back credit on your statement for fuel/gas purchases and 1% on other purchases which are capped at $15 a month. For the Freedom its $1 for 1 point which are unlimited earnings. I hope this helped.

chnceit

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Valued Contributor
thrasher865

chnceit wrote:

For the Freedom its $1 for 1 point which are unlimited earnings. I hope this helped.

chnceit

Don't forget the most important part:  3% on your top 3 categories for the month @ up to $200 in purchases for each category in addition to the 1% unlimited elsewhere.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Ulan

thrasher865 wrote:

chnceit wrote:

For the Freedom its $1 for 1 point which are unlimited earnings. I hope this helped.

chnceit

Don't forget the most important part:  3% on your top 3 categories for the month @ up to $200 in purchases for each category in addition to the 1% unlimited elsewhere.

For new Freedom cards that's only for the first 6 months. After that, it's a regular 1% rewards card.

Valued Contributor
chnceit

Underh20 it just really depends on what rewards you want since you are going to do a PC. The Perfect Card gives you 3% cash back on gas and the Freedom Card you will get $1 per point. The Freedom Card is a cool card to have for the first 6 months then the reward structure drops. Since the gas prices are high I use this card for all my gas purchases.

chnceit

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}