distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom when should I apply?

@creditnocash wrote:

@dddewdrop wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

seems iffy Chase doesn't like blemishes you should go to Creditboards.com to help fix your credit report and scores first. but you could apply but if approved you won't get anything more than 300-500 imo.

chase has religously pulled eq for me. in mass (4 times) 

it doesnt like too many blemishes and is aaoa sensitive. 

(you need an aaoa of at least 1year plus+)

also that does not include store cards( i learned that the hard way) 

and they want to see atleast 2-3 Visa/Amex/MC/Discover accounts my friend learned that the hard way -_-; 740 credit score 3 years with Discover perfect history and 2 years with Capital One closed account with 1 marks and morgans store card and only gave him a $500 limit on a freedom -_-;

So you are saying I should wait..... Gee. The writing is on the wall for me. i need to do a lot of gardening. I should count my blessings that I was approved for 2 of the 3 credit cards I applied for this week and garden away. I am just trying to get my aging process going with a few accounts as quick as possible. 2 is enough though I guess. That leaves room for me to get another in 6 months and thus have a perfect amount of cards with 3 credit cards. I'm considering doing a DCU CREDITBUILDER Loan with 1000 Dollars cause DCU is near me and I have no history with loans on my credit report at all. I guess  I should try to et long terms of such a loan. The longer the better seems....

we arent saying count your blessing but the freedom is a "prime" card i guess as they call them. so chase requires a litlle better then ok (not bad) credit

Freedom is a starter Prime card, with that being said people get approved with OK scores, but just terribly low credit limits. I seen SOME people very rarely get in with 620's after recon and one even at 580's from creditboards credit pull database which is more reliable than whogavemecredit since most people at creditboards knows what a Fico score is unlike whogavemecredit.

Edited

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 11 of 26
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

Unfortunately I highly doubt you'd be approved, might be best to wait a while longer and try to get your score up.

Message 12 of 26
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@dddewdrop wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

seems iffy Chase doesn't like blemishes you should go to Creditboards.com to help fix your credit report and scores first. but you could apply but if approved you won't get anything more than 300-500 imo.

chase has religously pulled eq for me. in mass (4 times) 

it doesnt like too many blemishes and is aaoa sensitive. 

(you need an aaoa of at least 1year plus+)

also that does not include store cards( i learned that the hard way) 

and they want to see atleast 2-3 Visa/Amex/MC/Discover accounts my friend learned that the hard way -_-; 740 credit score 3 years with Discover perfect history and 2 years with Capital One closed account with 1 marks and morgans store card and only gave him a $500 limit on a freedom -_-;

So you are saying I should wait..... Gee. The writing is on the wall for me. i need to do a lot of gardening. I should count my blessings that I was approved for 2 of the 3 credit cards I applied for this week and garden away. I am just trying to get my aging process going with a few accounts as quick as possible. 2 is enough though I guess. That leaves room for me to get another in 6 months and thus have a perfect amount of cards with 3 credit cards. I'm considering doing a DCU CREDITBUILDER Loan with 1000 Dollars cause DCU is near me and I have no history with loans on my credit report at all. I guess  I should try to et long terms of such a loan. The longer the better seems....

we arent saying count your blessing but the freedom is a "prime" card i guess as they call them. so chase requires a litlle better then ok (not bad) credit

Freedom is a starter Prime card, with that being said people get approved with OK scores, but just terribly low credit limits. I seen SOME people very rarely get in with 620's after recon and one even at 580's from creditboards credit pull database which is more reliable than whogavemecredit since most people at creditboards knows what a Fico score is unlike whogavemecredit.

Edited

i was only approved for 500 with a 690. thats with one tl reporting for one month that wasnt a store card. 

my aaoa in total at the time was about 1.8 years with my limits being in the 2.5k range. in november the auto'd me too 1k. 

i dont really care from prime or non prime cards. as long as they swipe and have use to me i like them. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 13 of 26
distantarray
Established Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

i was only approved for 500 with a 690. thats with one tl reporting for one month that wasnt a store card. 

my aaoa in total at the time was about 1.8 years with my limits being in the 2.5k range. in november the auto'd me too 1k. 

i dont really care from prime or non prime cards. as long as they swipe and have use to me i like them. 

For me I dont' care if it's Prime or non prime as long as they can get me 4-9 cent value per point Smiley Happy 

Which Chase UR points / United Miles / Amex Starwood does for me, and all high sign up bonus cards for churns =x

Message 14 of 26
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Ok. So I ended up applying. They said that they need to do more research and will send me a decision in the mail. The reason I decided to apply in the end was that I didn't have that much to lose. I am not planning on applying for a loan in the next 3 years, i have 3 inquires and getting a 4th isn't that bad, and I can now try my hand at the recon line to hone my skills. This is a learning experience for me. i will need a few years to really age things anyway and by then the inquiries will be gone.  thanks for all the help. I will report back on what happens with the recon and the response from them. I wasn't flat out denied and I am a smooth talker. I figured I maybe have a better shot now before my new cards hit my report. i am not plannin on utilizing anything really. Thanks for everyone's input. I will report back..

Message 15 of 26
distantarray
Established Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

Ok. So I ended up applying. They said that they need to do more research and will send me a decision in the mail. The reason I decided to apply in the end was that I didn't have that much to lose. I am not planning on applying for a loan in the next 3 years, i have 3 inquires and getting a 4th isn't that bad, and I can now try my hand at the recon line to hone my skills. This is a learning experience for me. i will need a few years to really age things anyway and by then the inquiries will be gone.  thanks for all the help. I will report back on what happens with the recon and the response from them. I wasn't flat out denied and I am a smooth talker. I figured I maybe have a better shot now before my new cards hit my report. i am not plannin on utilizing anything really. Thanks for everyone's input. I will report back..

that's good but try to open up a checking and savings account if you have some cash to float, you can find coupons on ebay for $150-200 sign up bonus, once you have a checking account it's a strong point to push on the recon. I noted to them when I applied for Sapphire and Freedom together that I had a checking account with them, the recon reps don't know unless you state it. They were saying "oh you have a checking account with us?"

Message 16 of 26
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@dddewdrop wrote:

that's good but try to open up a checking and savings account if you have some cash to float, you can find coupons on ebay for $150-200 sign up bonus, once you have a checking account it's a strong point to push on the recon. I noted to them when I applied for Sapphire and Freedom together that I had a checking account with them, the recon reps don't know unless you state it. They were saying "oh you have a checking account with us?"

@distantarray wrote:

@dddewdrop wrote:

Good idea thanks!

Message 17 of 26
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

i got the same "7-10 message" on Saturday. I called the BD # today in order to ask if they needed any information "verified" (aka: I knew that I was denied but wanted to have a manual review". The rep told me that I was declined for too many inquiries (I have 6 on my EX - 4 in the last 6 months from my app spree this week). And she said that she would look at my CR to see what she could do. She put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back and said " u have 4 key deorrogatory accouns on ur CR from 2009" (I have a CC acct w/ BoA that I closed after paying off but have 7 late payments 30day-150day lates in 2009, a CO from GE/OLd Navy that was paid thru a CA, an acct settled for less with GE/ Care Credit  ---> all from 2009). I told her that yes i have these accounts, but all of them are paid and closed. She saidm "Well is there something that happened in 2009?" I told her the truth -- I was an undergraduate in college and lost my job, but when I got a new job a few months later, u can clearly see that I paid all my debts and closed the accounts that I could no longer afford". She put me on hold again for even longer. then came back to phone with "Great News! We are offering you a $4500 CL ". And i said thank u very much!!!!!! Very happy with them. Glad that they can see a situation for what it is and see that I've had a CC with NFCU for 14 months now (my only CC since 2009) that I've been handling responsibly. 

definitely call to see if u can talk to a rep if u've already apped! 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 26
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

You are more than likely going to get declined, I recommend that you call them, I got the same 7-10 Day message and called a day later, I was declined but called for recon and was approved but only for $500, They pulled Equifax which was 640 at the time.

Do you know what your Fico score is and what is pulling you down so much?

Message 19 of 26
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@Denny33142 wrote:

You are more than likely going to get declined, I recommend that you call them, I got the same 7-10 Day message and called a day later, I was declined but called for recon and was approved but only for $500, They pulled Equifax which was 640 at the time.

Do you know what your Fico score is and what is pulling you down so much?

what is pulling me down so much is that I have had no credit cards in 2 years plus I settled one before that for about 60 percent of what I owed. I had a lot of late payments. i also have a tax lien in the past 2006 .. released 2008.  I am working on all these things and my score will get better over time. The good news is I have no debt. I don't know my Fico score because they can't calculate one as I haven't had an active credit card in 2 years so no new updates have posted to CAs in over a year (well now I have some inquiries Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.