Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom, why do you hate me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom, why do you hate me?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Be happy, at least they gave you a card. Out of six apps over the past 12 months, they're my only denial.

Not that it helps, but I am jealous of your discover and Amex. Smiley Wink

I just figured out why Chase declined me. It was in September of 2014, same month as your approval. So they gave you a card instead of me. Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm tired of Chase. I got AA'd on a card in 2008 and never got a CLI on two other cards with tiny limits. Top it off I got declined for SWA. I'm taking my savings account with them and my checking to my local CU.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Be happy, at least they gave you a card. Out of six apps over the past 12 months, they're my only denial.

Not that it helps, but I am jealous of your discover and Amex. Smiley Wink

I just figured out why Chase declined me. It was in September of 2014, same month as your approval. So they gave you a card instead of me. Smiley LOL

That must be it! And here I thought I was awesome because I finally got a preapproval mailer from something other than first premier! I wish I had known about this forum back then. I'd have reconned on the instant approval or activation. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:

use it for the 5% catagories, if you have the resources, max it out 3 times and pay it off, all on the 5% catagories, and see how they respond. other wise sock drawer it, and wait till you get a year of expereice with a prime card, have at least 1 card with a 5k or higher limit, wait 6 months so you have no INQ's within the last 6 months, and AP for a CSP minimum approval rating is $5k, zero AF for the first year, $400 signup bonus, after the year convert to chase saphire card,  and move $1-2k CL or more (if you don't use it much for resturants)  to the freedom card. To continue to grow card wait 6 months, giving the CSP usage, and app for Chase Southwest card, its a 3rd party card that chase tends to give very good starting limits. Typically 2x whan you got with a CSP approval, i got 10k on my CSP and then $20k on my Southwest card, more credit around to your various chase cards as desired.

I wouldn't close the Freedom card for now, since its zero AF and can earn you $75 a quarter in rewards. 

That's probably a good idea. Even if it reports at limit, then I'm still under the 10% reporting. I haven't utilized the categories as much as I could have. I'll try that and see if anything happens after another six months. One that 0% apr goes away, it will be a hard sell for me to keep it. Especially when th QS Visa lets me rack up more rewards due to its higher limit (and its 0% apr). 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't take the missed auto cli too seriously. I got approve for freedom last year with a 1000 cl. It's been more than a year and no auto cli. Called twice to cli but no dice. So I apped for a slate. Got approved but with a measly 500cl. Tried calling again and they said they have given me the max allowable amount for the time being. I have a chase ink for business with a 9000 limit. I like chase but they are weird sometimes.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't take the missed auto cli too seriously. I got approve for freedom last year with a 1000 cl. It's been more than a year and no auto cli. Called twice to cli but no dice. So I apped for a slate. Got approved but with a measly 500cl. Tried calling again and they said they have given me the max allowable amount for the time being. I have a chase ink for business with a 9000 limit. I like chase but they are weird sometimes.

That definitely puts some perspective on it! Maybe I'll mosey on over to Amex and see what they can do for me. It's been a whole two months since I applied for something!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.