Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom with Blink

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Chase Freedom with Blink

Sooooo my Chase Freedom is finally on the way! Yay! Does anyone know if it will come with the snazzy microchip or will I have to request it? I can't wait to spend $500 to get $100! Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom with Blink

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Sooooo my Chase Freedom is finally on the way! Yay! Does anyone know if it will come with the snazzy microchip or will I have to request it? I can't wait to spend $500 to get $100! Smiley Happy

i made a thread about this earlier. 

im not sure if they include them now but i did not get one on mine in july. 

should be hear within next 5 business days. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 14
slippy84
Contributor

I just got my Freedom 2 days ago. No Blink. Not sure if I want it really, but to each their own

US Bank Cash+ -- Chase Freedom -- Citi Dividend -- Citi Double Cash -- AMEX BCE -- Discover It
Message 3 of 14
akabigo
Contributor

Got mine in November and it had blink. I use it at Meijer all the time. Takes the guesswork out of swiping Smiley Happy
Fico scores 800+
Message 4 of 14
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Interesting! Thanks all! So the answer sounds like maybe it will. I'll let you know when I get it!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 5 of 14
slippy84
Contributor

Interesting! Thanks all! So the answer sounds like maybe it will. I'll let you know when I get it!

Sweet, congrats on the new card. I was pleasantly surprised about how it looked. Not as ugly as I was expecting! Kinda cool actually. It's no CSP, but I like the "sheen" on it if you will

The overall layout looks like this http://www.nextadvisor.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/chase_freedom_visa_200.jpg (don't worry, it's a stock image) but the "Freedom" and the Chase logo are shiny metallic color, with the rest of the front kind of a dull blue metallic color.

Also pleasantly surprised by the additional standard benefits of the card, which I couldn't really find much info for online

US Bank Cash+ -- Chase Freedom -- Citi Dividend -- Citi Double Cash -- AMEX BCE -- Discover It
Message 6 of 14
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Thanks! Yes, I am hoping that it looks much better than the pictures. I can't wait to read about all the benefits when I get the welcome packet! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@slippy84 wrote:

Sweet, congrats on the new card. I was pleasantly surprised about how it looked. Not as ugly as I was expecting! Kinda cool actually. It's no CSP, but I like the "sheen" on it if you will

The overall layout looks like this http://www.nextadvisor.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/chase_freedom_visa_200.jpg (don't worry, it's a stock image) but the "Freedom" and the Chase logo are shiny metallic color, with the rest of the front kind of a dull blue metallic color.

Also pleasantly surprised by the additional standard benefits of the card, which I couldn't really find much info for online

I agree, although the stock photo doesn't due it justice

also, if you turn the card to see the edge, the edge is neon green Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@akabigo wrote:
Got mine in November and it had blink. I use it at Meijer all the time. Takes the guesswork out of swiping Smiley Happy

did you request blink feature?

i got my freedom card in early 2009 - not sure if blink was even offered back then.

Message 9 of 14
akabigo
Contributor

did you request blink feature?

i got my freedom card in early 2009 - not sure if blink was even offered back then.

I did not request it. Came on both my card and my AU card

Fico scores 800+
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.