Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom with EMV Chip

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom with EMV Chip

My Freedom and Slate Card I got approved for in November both arrived with EMV chip.  

Message 71 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened my Freedom in December and it came with an EMV chip, so it does now seem to be the default.

Just need my Sallie Mae and Capital One chipped and I am set across the board.

Message 72 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently received new Freedom cards for me and AUs all of them with EMV Chip

Message 73 of 76
abhowmick18
Valued Member

My brother recently got his chase freedom card so I can confirm that yes, the new freedom cards (and majority of all new CCs as well) contains the EMV chip.

Message 74 of 76
Habibimo
Regular Contributor

Me too. I recently requested to upgrade my Freedom Visa to Visa Signature, today I called in to check the status and it was upgraded and I also confirmed with the rep that the new card which I will get in 3 to 5 days will have the chip.
|| Amex BCE $18,000 || QuickSilver WMC $8,500 || Freedom Visa Signature $10,000 || Discover IT $11,800 || BestBuy $2,800 || Venture Visa Signature $17,750 || NASA FCU Platinum Cash Rewards $7,000 || Amazon Store Card $20,000 || Overstock $11,500 || Lowe's $25,000 || NFCU Platinum $9,600 || Chase Marriott $10,000 || Chase FU $15,7000 || NFCU CLOC $15,000 ||
Message 75 of 76
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Needs 1 more confirmation Smiley Very Happy  I got my card this month, its got the chip.  Put my wife as an AU, 2 days later her card arrived with the chip as well.

Message 76 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.