Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom with EMV

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom with EMV

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you have to request a card with the EMV chip or did it come with one by default?

when i got my MC replaced with Visa it came with emv 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 16
Luscher
Valued Contributor

All new cards issued for Freedom should come with chip now
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 12 of 16
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you have to request a card with the EMV chip or did it come with one by default?

Look like you already have the Chase Freedom.  Just use the chat feature or email and they will send you one.  It really  only works at very few stores at the moment, at least in my area.  Most stores near me have already installed the new readers, but haven't enabled the chip verification yet.  I have come across so many cashiers that are ignorant to the feature.  Some even laugh when I insert the card for chip verification and they try to show me how to swipe a card, as if.  One person even asked me how is it possibly more secure than a regular swipe card.  I told him that the chip synchs with a chip I had installed in my arm and verifies that I am the one using the card.  I think he believed me.  

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm travelling out of the country soon, called up Chase to get the travel dates in check so they don't get put an alert on my foreign transactions (if in the remote case that I make any, given the 3% fee), they got my dates entered into the system, then they said, we're sending you a Chip and Pin enabled card by mail, I asked for an expedite, and its being delivered by UPS 1-2 business days.

I guess, they're just beginning to replace all cards with EMV ones.

Message 14 of 16
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

then they said, we're sending you a Chip and Pin enabled card

Let us know if it really is Chip&Pin and not Chip&Signature.  From Chase's website today:

We also recommend that you carry an alternate method of payment, such as local currency, in case you encounter an unattended kiosk that requires a PIN.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luscher wrote:
All new cards issued for Freedom should come with chip now

I got my Chase Freedom last month, no chip.

I think I will take the advice of the other posters and request one, but I'm going to wait until I have kept my Freedom card a little while longer and it looks a little raggedy. I like clean, pretty cards. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.