Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom

tag
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom

Was Approved for Chase Freedom!!!! I'm OFFICIALLY done now Smiley Happy I apped May 9th and received the 7-10 day message. Called backdoor 1 week later and asked why. They pulled EQ and that report was frozen. Had them pull TU instead and he submitted for approval. 2 days later I get a call from the fraud dept asking to verify info. So I did. A few days later get a letter asking that I fax in copies of my DL and SS Card. I'm thinking, "Gee, this is a lot of hoops to jump". Called yesterday for the status and still no final decision made. Called the automated app status line today and found out I was approved for 3K! My higherst limit on my Barclay and GE Rooms To Go is 3K as well.

My question is, I hear Chase isn't the best at auto CLI's, should I ask for a higher limit or not rock the boat?

;Starting Score: Low 500s FICO Aug 2008
Current Score: EQ 668 EX 723 TU 723 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 720s Across the Board! Almost there!

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom

Congrats!! My process was the same (except for faxing info) but I only received a $1000 limit. I'll request an increase in a few months. Just happy to have been approved for now.

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

First thing first, congratulations on the new freedom account.

Second, it does not sound like you were going to be denied in the first place, they just needed to verify some information to protect your identity.

Therefore, I say why not go for it. The worst they can tell you is no.

From what I read, when you call to Activate your card ask to speak with a credit analyst, no matter how many times you ask, keep asking until you get an analyst.

Once on the phone, explain how you want a cli using the same pull and see if they can do it. If not, you have to decide if an increase is worth an extra hard pull.

Good luck and as always Happy Crediting :-)
Message 3 of 5
bribro
Valued Contributor

If they already matched your highest CL, I doubt they'd give you more right now. You can try an HP CLI in about a year.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 5
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone! I agree, they did match my highest limit. Maybe I'll just wait until my card comes and ask them for a small increase. If they say no, I'll just wait a year. By then all my INQs from this past months app spree will age and all of my balances will be low. I'm currently at 30% Util right now.

;Starting Score: Low 500s FICO Aug 2008
Current Score: EQ 668 EX 723 TU 723 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 720s Across the Board! Almost there!

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.