Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom

tag
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom

just apped for a chase freedom i really think its a long shot because my scores are mid 600s but thought what the hell. i got the 7-10 day review message. do they give that to everybody or do some people actually get auto denied? also i called the automated app status number and it said it was being reviewed how long should i wait to call again, how long do they usually take? i know my chances are slim cause i dont have too much of a history

2 Cap 1 cards - 1000CL platinum for bad\rebuilding, 500CL Cash Rewards for average

Store Card - Daniels Jewelry 700CL

Auto Loan with WFDS balance - 11400

AAoA 1.5 years according to credit tracker from experian

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom

There's been at least 10 Chase Freedom approvals this month with scores in the 620-650 range, especially on recon.  Many of the limits have only been in the $500 range, but there's a lot to be said about establishing history and a customer account with a prime lender regardless of the starting card/limit.  Those can always be improved later.

        
Message 2 of 29
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

not too worried about the initial CL of the Chase card if im approved because im sure its alot easier to get CLI's the Cap1. Hell i bet id have a better at winning the lottery then getting a CLI with Cap1. thats good to hear though. i will definitely recon if denied no

@Revelate wrote:

There's been at least 10 Chase Freedom approvals this month with scores in the 620-650 range, especially on recon.  Many of the limits have only been in the $500 range, but there's a lot to be said about establishing history and a customer account with a prime lender regardless of the starting card/limit.  Those can always be improved later.

w that i know that exists, thanks to everybody on myFico.

Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 3 of 29
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, it looks like they changed the underwriting criteria on the card to be more in line with the DIscover More if not lower in early June or thereabouts.  Some people who I figured were certain to get denied, got cards, and it was a nontrivial number of them too.  Before I had always assumed 660 was the absolute minimum, and even then you'd need to have a fairly attractive report to get in at that level too... also there's been a suspicious lack of Chase Freedom denials in the last month, I think I remember one, and that's got to be some sort of record on this forum in a month to month basis, at least over the last six months I've been actively reading it anyway.

        
Message 4 of 29
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Yeah, it looks like they changed the underwriting criteria on the card to be more in line with the DIscover More if not lower in early June or thereabouts.  Some people who I figured were certain to get denied, got cards, and it was a nontrivial number of them too.  Before I had always assumed 660 was the absolute minimum, and even then you'd need to have a fairly attractive report to get in at that level too... also there's been a suspicious lack of Chase Freedom denials in the last month, I think I remember one, and that's got to be some sort of record on this forum in a month to month basis, at least over the last six months I've been actively reading it anyway.

Well we will see what happens. how long do you think before i can call the automated number they will have a decision?

Message 5 of 29
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Probably sometime tomorrow evening / Tuesday.  Applying on a weekend is problematic if you don't get an instant decision.

        
Message 6 of 29
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Probably sometime tomorrow evening / Tuesday.  Applying on a weekend is problematic if you don't get an instant decision.

explain why it is problematic to apply on a weekend without instant decision? do you think the reason i got the 7-10 day message and not an instand deny is because of applying on a weekend? im pretty new to all this.

Thanks for the help

Message 7 of 29
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@tylaw13 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

explain why it is problematic to apply on a weekend without instant decision? do you think the reason i got the 7-10 day message and not an instand deny is because of applying on a weekend? im pretty new to all this.

Thanks for the help

An instant deny = an instant deny.

Instant decisions are all automated through whatever lender's system.  Anything else, is a YMMV based on manual review generally.  The people that do manual reviews, typically don't work weekends, and as such, you can't call them immediately to ask Smiley Wink.

        
Message 8 of 29
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@tylaw13 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Thanks for the help

An instant deny = an instant deny.

Instant decisions are all automated through whatever lender's system.  Anything else, is a YMMV based on manual review generally.  The people that do manual reviews, typically don't work weekends, and as such, you can't call them immediately to ask Smiley Wink.

ok i see what you mean. one more thing, what does YMMV mean i  been trying to figure it out and came up with some things but definitely nothing that makes sense lol.

Message 9 of 29
wreith
Frequent Contributor

I got the 7-10 wait when I apped, kept checking the automated line, kept saying being processed.  So I called the analyst number listed in the backdoor list, was told I had been denied, he reviewed it asked me a few questions and approved me for 800.  I would call that number tomorrow and see how that goes.  YMMV= Your Mileage May Vary.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.