Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom

tag
uroosa1
Established Member

Re: Chase Freedom

I doubt chase would give me another card with a decent limit so soon.

So who else is out there? USAA? Us bank?

Ohh I have a checking with BOA.

would they be genrous since im a previous customer?

Message 21 of 35
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@uroosa1 wrote:

I doubt chase would give me another card with a decent limit so soon.

So who else is out there? USAA? Us bank?

I think out of all the ones you mentioned, USAA would be more likely to grant you a card, but it's not guaranteed. Do you currently have a Discover? Discover is pretty good at giving out cards to people with your stats!

Message 22 of 35
uroosa1
Established Member

Who does Discover pull? and which discove would be best for me?

What about BOA visa?

Message 23 of 35
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

AMEX you'll need to go charge card first IMO. They are picky on revolver approvals with short history.

Not saying you are wrong, but I got approved for the Blue Cash Everyday with a very, very nice limit with very short history.

Unelss you travel, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is worthless. Yes the bonus is nice, but other than that, it is meant for people who travel. If you are in the

PNC region, you should go for their Cashbuilder Visa Signature.

The Fidelity American Express is a good card too. It gets 2% back on everything.

Message 24 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

AMEX you'll need to go charge card first IMO. They are picky on revolver approvals with short history.

Not saying you are wrong, but I got approved for the Blue Cash Everyday with a very, very nice limit with very short history.

It's YMMV, but im sure they decline more short history apps than approve.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 35
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@uroosa1 wrote:

What about BOA visa?

BofA may be a little concerned on your credit history being short, but you do have account relations with them so it may give you a leg up. I would go in to the branch to see if you have any preapproved offers first. It's still not a definite.

Are you still a student? Or did you graduate? My brother got pre-selected (or maybe it was preapproved, i don't remember) for a Discover Open Road Student card and with less than a year history, one card of his own (Capital One Journey $750) and an AU on my Shell he got a $5000 limit! Yahoo! [Edit: They pulled Transunion for him] If you're still a student, go for Discover More Student and make sure to put your a student for better chance of approval. If you're already graduated, still go for a Discover More (but the regular version) with their 5% cash back rotating categories. Great to have next to that Chase Freedom so you have more variety in categories to maximize your cash back!

Message 26 of 35
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

It's YMMV, but im sure they decline more short history apps than approve.

Most likely. I am convinced it was a computer glitch because it was during the time they were updating their website and computers.

Message 27 of 35
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@uroosa1 wrote:

Is a score of about 719 good enough of for chase freedom. score might be few points higher if they use EQ

Who else has beed approved with a low score and what CL? also where agency did they pull?

I have a 1 year history file. no baddies. low utiliz. one card. 4 student loans.

I'm about to apply. just need a little confidence.

How long have your open CC(s) been open?? Chase is very adament about having at least 1 CC open for a year or more before approving for their cards. 719 is a good score.

I was approved with a 700 EX score 4 months ago.

i was approved for chase freedom ($4600 CL initially) in 2009 with only a 6-month history of open cc's

have no idea what my scores were at the time, but had no lates or derogs,low util and always PIF... but obviously had the 2 inqs for the open cc's. (3 TL's but 2 cards, BofA visa and macy's store/macy's visa... that was before macy's buddied upwith Amex and dropped visa)

Message 28 of 35
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@uroosa1 wrote:

The CL is $3,000!!!!!!

im happy, I went from 1st 300cl to a 3,000 for my second. NICE

very nice - congratulations Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 35
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@uroosa1 wrote:

What about BOA visa?

BofA Americard cash reward would be a good  card to get, imo (1% for everyday, 2% for groceries and 3% for gas)

they pulled EX for me recently

also, BofA approved my first cc in 2008 when i had no other open cc's (forget the initial CLI, but it was at least $5k). it was the plain visa gold, no rewards, but now that they offer the1-2-3 Cash rewards, i say go for it Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.