Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom

tag
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom

My wife just PC'd her 2002 Chase Freedom card with 16k limit to the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. They said the account age and number would remain the same. 

I would like to inform you that you have the option of product change from Freedom to Sapphire Preferred card. I would like to assure you that any balances at intro/promo rates will stay the same and carry over to the new account. Further, even after product change, your account will reflect the account open date of 2002. [...] * Your account number and the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) will not change as a result of the product change. [...]

Message 11 of 16
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Maybe you can get the freedom and hold onto it for a month or two, then PC to the csp....

Wouldn't that result in a change of terms requiring them to wait until the 1 year mark?

I am not familiar with Chase's rules. I was just thinking that he might be able to PC.... Something to think about/ask a CSR about.

Card act states that you can NOT PC a card within 1 year, you can only change a annual fee to a non-annual fee version within that time.

Well then, there you have it. I retract my previous suggestion Smiley Wink

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 12 of 16
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

I have a question,... We all know how hard it is to get a CLI with chase (not aping) but if I were to app for another freedom cad lets say in a year would I be able too?
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 13 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:
I have a question,... We all know how hard it is to get a CLI with chase (not aping) but if I were to app for another freedom cad lets say in a year would I be able too?

if u have the visa version, you can app for the MC version. other than that, you can't get 2 identical cards with chase.

From what I know, Citi is the only bank that allows you to have 2 identical cards with the exception of their AAdvantage cards.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 16
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

if u have the visa version, you can app for the MC version. other than that, you can't get 2 identical cards with chase.

From what I know, Citi is the only bank that allows you to have 2 identical cards with the exception of their AAdvantage cards.

so i have the MC so that means i can get the VISA?

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 15 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

yes u can get the visa version.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.