Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom?

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom?

@jamesdwi wrote:

I'm going to go against the crowd on this one, go ahead and apply for the Freedom card, chase likes young people that have clean credit reports. They may surprise you with how generous they are with a CL. 

Chase likes 1 year of history before giving out credit cards 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 11 of 13
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Do you bank with Chase? That may help a tiny bit.

Though you've only had a credit card for for a month, your auto-loan may actually help you since it's almost aging a year. If you've only had two inqs this year I'd say it's definitely worth a shot to apply. If you get denied you can try to recon and see what they say. It's really only 1 more inq and maybe wait about a year to apply again (if denied) in which case your older INQs would not weigh so much on your file.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 months credit history, no negatives, highest limit was a $2700 installment loan, and a $220 limit cap1 secured card. I was instantly approved for $2200 chase freedom.  I will add that I had tried the pre-approval site several times with no luck. The day I was approved the pre-approval site returned two offers (freedom and slate). YMMV

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.