tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom

@Anonymous wrote:

However I am NOT happy with the Freedom outcome;

22.9% APR

CL $4,500

Outcome is based on your credit and income.  If you're unhappy with it then you need to work on the concerns that Chase has with your credit.  Refer to the letter that they provide.  As always, it's not just a matter of score.

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I just close the Freedom account and not open it? Will it still report as a closed account if I never activate card?

Activation is irrelevant.  When you apply you need to assume that the account will report (unless denied).  Damage is already done at this point.  IMO you might as well make use of the card.

If you intend to use the 5% categories you need to PIF anyway or else you'll negate any rewards.  The APR really isn't all that relevant.  As stated above, the 5x cap is $1,500/quarter and $4,500 is more than enough to maximize the 5x categories.

Still, your call to make but it sounds to me like you're upset because you didn't get what you wanted/expected and reacting without carefully considering the matter.  If that's the case then table the matter and reconsider it once you've calmed down and can rationally think about it.

@Anonymous wrote:

Because I don't want the hassle of worrying which card is Visa signature and not at the time of procurement. ALL my Visa cards are sig up until this card...

Another matter where importance is your call but why does that matter?  What is it that you specifically need from the Signature tier?

One of my most benefical cards is a Platinum and it's also my highest limit at $30K.  Are you just obsessing over the word "Signature" on the card or are there specific features and benefits that you really need and use?

@Anonymous wrote:

How often do they CLI? Is it ALWAYS a hard pull?

There's no fixed timeframe.  With any creditor CLI's are not just exchanged for time but based on what one's credit and income qualify for.  I've never received any auto CLI's with Chase.  My wife has received several.  If you request a CLI it will be hard pull.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.