Re: Chase Freedom...

Good Luck. always tough to wait it out on a Weekend

Message 41 of 111
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jerry45 wrote:

Same thing happened to me. Picked up a Freedom in late 2014, and always showed pre approvals for CSP and Slate, but since last month, nada.

Could it be Chase getting tougher on multiple Hard Inquiries?

I'm curious to see the threads created in Credit Card Applications / Approvals while this bonus is available. I predict a lot more denials this time around. I checked out some of the other forums after our recent discussions here and it appears that their recent "crackdown" is for UR earning cards. It's possible that it'll only be an issue if you have a UR card with transfer capabilities to transfer the 20k points to (conjecture), but I wouldn't be surprised if their denial criteria applies to everyone.

Specifically, I think we'll hear a lot of reports of analysts saying that you've opened too many credit cards in the past 2 years and that they can't override the denial if that's the reason. Looks like I won't be getting a CSP anytime soon! Smiley Frustrated

I don't know what's going on here. Just got a $4000 auto credit limit increase on my already comfortable Freedom, a fairly new card whose inquiry was just one of several at the time.

Message 42 of 111
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jerry45 wrote:

I see you have nice Amex cards, why would Chase reject you?

Their internal scoring system, CARS, didn't like my profile. It came up with a score about 40 points lower than my Fico scores. Apparently it places more emphasis on tax liens, (I have a huge one), than Amex does.

I do not agree with that.. I have HUGE FED TAX LIEN and i have two Chase cards.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 43 of 111
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

Should be live June 1st.

Cool! Will watch the approval (and denial) threads to see how to proceed.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 44 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dobirdsmommy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jerry45 wrote:

I see you have nice Amex cards, why would Chase reject you?

Their internal scoring system, CARS, didn't like my profile. It came up with a score about 40 points lower than my Fico scores. Apparently it places more emphasis on tax liens, (I have a huge one), than Amex does.

I do not agree with that.. I have HUGE FED TAX LIEN and i have two Chase cards.

It doesn't matter if you agree. It was the number one reason on the list when they denied my application.

Message 45 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the application filled out, and my finger is hovering over the button. But reading my denial letter from last September, all the same reasons apply.

1. Delinquency or public record

2. Revolving accounts opened in past 6 months compared to all revolving accounts, (this one is actually worse now)

3. Length of time since oldest credit card established, (this one is better because I didn't have my backdated Amex at the time)

4. Number of accounts opened in the past 12 months compared to total accounts, (this one is also worse)

So, am I ready for rejection? It'll probably only hurt for a little while.

Message 46 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know your scores? Once my zero balances report, simulator says i'll be around 690, but I have some of those same issues. Just two derogs but one is BoA CO from 2009 that updates monthly. Can't wait for it to fall off in Aug 2016. I got the AmEx ED too but not sure if Chase or Citi will work until the CO is gone.

Message 47 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the application filled out, and my finger is hovering over the button. But reading my denial letter from last September, all the same reasons apply.

1. Delinquency or public record

2. Revolving accounts opened in past 6 months compared to all revolving accounts, (this one is actually worse now)

3. Length of time since oldest credit card established, (this one is better because I didn't have my backdated Amex at the time)

4. Number of accounts opened in the past 12 months compared to total accounts, (this one is also worse)

So, am I ready for rejection? It'll probably only hurt for a little while.

You never know... Hit it and see what happens...

Message 48 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go head and take the plunge!! :-)
Message 49 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if they pulled TU I'd already be there. Smiley LOL

Message 50 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.