Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom

In the future, I suggest you learn as much as you can about cards/rewards before applying. This way you won't end up with cards that are potentially useless to you.

Freedom isn't a bad card. 5 percent on things like gas, restaurants, and Amazon during the year. 1 percent other purchases. It's a fine card to build history with. Down the road, you will probably want something with richer rewards on everyday spending. It's easy to beat 1 percent. Quicksilver, double cash, barclay cashforward, etc are all options.

No matter what, even if rotating categories aren't your thing, I'd keep the Freedom for at least 6 months to a year. You don't want to develop a history of rapidly closing accounts. Good luck
Message 11 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@clewis122 wrote:
Hi!

I was recently approved for the Chase Freedom card & was wondering if that was a card I should hold onto for awhile or use as a stepping stone to better cards? I'm new to this credit improvement/monitoring thing & still learning.

Are there any discussions here about good cards to aim for??

Thanks in advance!!

It's a good card. Just keep it and use it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 12 of 13
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@clewis122 wrote:
Hi!

I was recently approved for the Chase Freedom card & was wondering if that was a card I should hold onto for awhile or use as a stepping stone to better cards? I'm new to this credit improvement/monitoring thing & still learning.

Are there any discussions here about good cards to aim for??

Thanks in advance!!

It's a good card. Just keep it and use it.

I agreed, Freedom is a great card and Chase, in my humble opinion, is the best lender to have.  Add to that the good rewards, no annual fee, and ability to PC to other products, and you have a pretty awesome product for the long haul.  I kind of agree with the earlier comment that Chase is an awesome lender and there really isn't anywhere to step up to.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.