Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom

My collection is due to fall off Dec 2012. So even with an old baddie, it's better to wait?

Message 21 of 37
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

It seems that its a toss up on what Chase pulls.

I wonder whats the lowest score that anyone got approved for a Freedom?

678 on EX for me.

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 22 of 37
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Im so sick of hearing about chase freedom lol. I've been banking with them for 3 years and guess what's not in my wallet? You guessed it no freedom cause of denial and the 5+ times that I've called for recon I was given a pitty excuse everytime.
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 23 of 37
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Never had a chase account before. My gameplan is to not app for anything until my birthday (7/12) and try to get AMEX Zync, Chase freedom, and Lowes cards.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rootpooty wrote:
Im so sick of hearing about chase freedom lol. I've been banking with them for 3 years and guess what's not in my wallet? You guessed it no freedom cause of denial and the 5+ times that I've called for recon I was given a pitty excuse everytime.

We've been banking with Chase for probably 15 years but they have NEVER shown much love along the way.  We went in to our local branch sometime last year to apply for the Chase Freedom and we NEVER were told that we had NO FICO score -- nothing was ever explained to us -- just, DECLINED, move along.

Message 25 of 37
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

That is the reason why I will most likely cancel them next year and continue building with navy federal.
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 26 of 37
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Why is that?  These seem like isolated experiences -one branch here and there.

root - care to share your story?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 27 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rootpooty wrote:
That is the reason why I will most likely cancel them next year and continue building with navy federal.

We are building up a relationship with USAA Bank with the same idea in mind.

Message 28 of 37
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Its not the branch its the bank itself. Chase (banks) have no consideration on how long you've been banking with them. There is no relationship to build with them. Their freedom car according to reps is the entry level card to them and it seems like its one of the hardest to get lol. I didn't come on this thread to compare nfcu to chase either. What boggles my mind is the first time I applied earlier this year. I got denied called for recon and was told medical bills from 3 years ago are what's affecting my score so no go. So here we are a month ago I think I have a better chance and again denied. I called for recon and was told that I need to have a min of 2 years of perfect cc payment history. The funny thing is when I stopped in to see my friend at the branch today she laughed and said the information that was told to me is not accurate. Needless to say im not going to continue banking with them if I can't establish credit with them

Message 29 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rootpooty wrote:
Needless to say im not going to continue banking with them if I can't establish credit with them

We are going to stick it out for 2 more years with Chase because we want their United Mileage Explorer Visa and, we also like the Sapphire Preferred card.  We will have their "required" 2 years of perfect cc history by then.  If they DECLINE us again at that point, then -- for sure -- we will move EVERYTHING over to USAA Bank. 

And, I agree with you root, it is hard to build any kind of relationship with Chase. In our experience, it feels like we are a pesky bother to them. 

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.