Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom

tag
nvrgiveup08
Contributor

Chase Freedom

Well the hubby applied and was approved for the Chase Freedom card. He added me as a AU but there was no place to input SS or DOB. Will this reflect on my CR as a AU or does Chase not report AU?

No place to go but UP

EQ 632
EX 648
TU 648
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom

@nvrgiveup08 wrote:

Well the hubby applied and was approved for the Chase Freedom card. He added me as a AU but there was no place to input SS or DOB. Will this reflect on my CR as a AU or does Chase not report AU?

Chase does report AU. They don't need your SSN to locate your credit bureau file.

Message 2 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Platinum wrote:

@nvrgiveup08 wrote:

Chase does report AU. They don't need your SSN to locate your credit bureau file.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Platinum wrote:

@nvrgiveup08 wrote:

I know CSRs are notoriously bad with knowing stuff, but I recently got a Chase Freedom.  I asked them if they would report my AU to the bureas and they said no.  They said they do have a "Secondary user" option where she could agree to be financialy responsible for the card as well, and then they would report, but that she wouldn't need to be approved.  I will check her credit in a month or so and see if she is reported or not.  We didn't fill out the form for the secondary user.

Message 4 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

A friend of mine is an AU on my Chase Freedom card.

He isn't a "secondary user" or anything else. He has his own card and uses it, and the total charges appear on my account, and the tradeline appears on his credit reports.

It's just a plain ol' AU account, reporting the way that most of them do.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 12
boomhower
Valued Contributor

My wifes and AU on mine and it reports on hers.

Message 6 of 12
johnnie198x
Contributor

Strange, I have an AU on my card, but it doesn't report to her credit report. I called Chase and they told me that Chase doesn't report AU. Maybe it takes more than a month/a statement to report?

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnnie198x wrote:

Strange, I have an AU on my card, but it doesn't report to her credit report. I called Chase and they told me that Chase doesn't report AU. Maybe it takes more than a month/a statement to report?

So maybe based on these various responses they say they don't report AUs but they actually do sometimes?

Message 8 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@johnnie198x wrote:

So maybe based on these various responses they say they don't report AUs but they actually do sometimes?

Sounds like the Chase CSR's have a little Peggy in them! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 12
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Is it best to app solo and add wife as AU, so there are two TLs? and visa versa

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.