Reply
Regular Contributor
tylaw13
Posts: 173
Registered: ‎06-28-2012
0

Chase Freedom

just apped for a chase freedom i really think its a long shot because my scores are mid 600s but thought what the hell. i got the 7-10 day review message. do they give that to everybody or do some people actually get auto denied? also i called the automated app status number and it said it was being reviewed how long should i wait to call again, how long do they usually take? i know my chances are slim cause i dont have too much of a history

2 Cap 1 cards - 1000CL platinum for bad\rebuilding, 500CL Cash Rewards for average

Store Card - Daniels Jewelry 700CL

Auto Loan with WFDS balance - 11400

AAoA 1.5 years according to credit tracker from experian

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Moderator
Revelate
Posts: 9,751
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom

There's been at least 10 Chase Freedom approvals this month with scores in the 620-650 range, especially on recon.  Many of the limits have only been in the $500 range, but there's a lot to be said about establishing history and a customer account with a prime lender regardless of the starting card/limit.  Those can always be improved later.

 

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
tylaw13
Posts: 173
Registered: ‎06-28-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom

not too worried about the initial CL of the Chase card if im approved because im sure its alot easier to get CLI's the Cap1. Hell i bet id have a better at winning the lottery then getting a CLI with Cap1. thats good to hear though. i will definitely recon if denied no


Revelate wrote:

There's been at least 10 Chase Freedom approvals this month with scores in the 620-650 range, especially on recon.  Many of the limits have only been in the $500 range, but there's a lot to be said about establishing history and a customer account with a prime lender regardless of the starting card/limit.  Those can always be improved later.

 



w that i know that exists, thanks to everybody on myFico.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Moderator
Revelate
Posts: 9,751
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom

Yeah, it looks like they changed the underwriting criteria on the card to be more in line with the DIscover More if not lower in early June or thereabouts.  Some people who I figured were certain to get denied, got cards, and it was a nontrivial number of them too.  Before I had always assumed 660 was the absolute minimum, and even then you'd need to have a fairly attractive report to get in at that level too... also there's been a suspicious lack of Chase Freedom denials in the last month, I think I remember one, and that's got to be some sort of record on this forum in a month to month basis, at least over the last six months I've been actively reading it anyway.

 

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
tylaw13
Posts: 173
Registered: ‎06-28-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom


Revelate wrote:

Yeah, it looks like they changed the underwriting criteria on the card to be more in line with the DIscover More if not lower in early June or thereabouts.  Some people who I figured were certain to get denied, got cards, and it was a nontrivial number of them too.  Before I had always assumed 660 was the absolute minimum, and even then you'd need to have a fairly attractive report to get in at that level too... also there's been a suspicious lack of Chase Freedom denials in the last month, I think I remember one, and that's got to be some sort of record on this forum in a month to month basis, at least over the last six months I've been actively reading it anyway.

 


Well we will see what happens. how long do you think before i can call the automated number they will have a decision?

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Moderator
Revelate
Posts: 9,751
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom

Probably sometime tomorrow evening / Tuesday.  Applying on a weekend is problematic if you don't get an instant decision.

 

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
tylaw13
Posts: 173
Registered: ‎06-28-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom


Revelate wrote:

Probably sometime tomorrow evening / Tuesday.  Applying on a weekend is problematic if you don't get an instant decision.

 


explain why it is problematic to apply on a weekend without instant decision? do you think the reason i got the 7-10 day message and not an instand deny is because of applying on a weekend? im pretty new to all this.

Thanks for the help

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Moderator
Revelate
Posts: 9,751
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom

[ Edited ]

tylaw13 wrote:

Revelate wrote:

Probably sometime tomorrow evening / Tuesday.  Applying on a weekend is problematic if you don't get an instant decision.

 


explain why it is problematic to apply on a weekend without instant decision? do you think the reason i got the 7-10 day message and not an instand deny is because of applying on a weekend? im pretty new to all this.

Thanks for the help


An instant deny = an instant deny.

 

Instant decisions are all automated through whatever lender's system.  Anything else, is a YMMV based on manual review generally.  The people that do manual reviews, typically don't work weekends, and as such, you can't call them immediately to ask :smileywink:.

 

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
tylaw13
Posts: 173
Registered: ‎06-28-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom


Revelate wrote:

tylaw13 wrote:

Revelate wrote:

Probably sometime tomorrow evening / Tuesday.  Applying on a weekend is problematic if you don't get an instant decision.

 


explain why it is problematic to apply on a weekend without instant decision? do you think the reason i got the 7-10 day message and not an instand deny is because of applying on a weekend? im pretty new to all this.

Thanks for the help


An instant deny = an instant deny.

 

Instant decisions are all automated through whatever lender's system.  Anything else, is a YMMV based on manual review generally.  The people that do manual reviews, typically don't work weekends, and as such, you can't call them immediately to ask :smileywink:.

 


ok i see what you mean. one more thing, what does YMMV mean i  been trying to figure it out and came up with some things but definitely nothing that makes sense lol.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Frequent Contributor
wreith
Posts: 461
Registered: ‎06-13-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom

I got the 7-10 wait when I apped, kept checking the automated line, kept saying being processed.  So I called the analyst number listed in the backdoor list, was told I had been denied, he reviewed it asked me a few questions and approved me for 800.  I would call that number tomorrow and see how that goes.  YMMV= Your Mileage May Vary.

03/10/2014 Walmart TU 724
09/07/2013 MyFico EQ 684
03/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $1900, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}