Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom

Any thoughts on the chase freedom from anyone??? I just got an instant approval online!!!!Smiley Happy And want to know what evertone on here thinks of the freedom!!! Any comments appreciated!!! 

THANKS!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
TilltedBrim
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom

If you go near the top of any page on this website you should find a search box that when you type "Chase Freedom"  will produce literally hundred's of threads that have been posted on these boards.  For the most part I think its fair to say that the consensus is that it is a really good card.  In fact I'm looking forward to applying myself in either January or February.   Hope this helps....

After falling off the wagon while in the garden... And going 2 for 4 on a drapping spree I've finally received my coveted Discover More. And now I'll limp back to the garden.
Message 2 of 13
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Any thoughts on the chase freedom from anyone??? I just got an instant approval online!!!!Smiley Happy And want to know what evertone on here thinks of the freedom!!! Any comments appreciated!!! 

THANKS!

Hi! I've had the Chase Freedom for 7 months now and I love this card!  It's my most used out of all my cards.  I received the $100 cash back for spending if I remember correctly $500 in the first  3 months, and so far I've even received one totally unexpected $500 CLI at six months!  I say "unexpected" because from what I had read here on the forum Chase does not give them out much so I truly was not expecting it.  It was a great surprise! 

In the beginning months, I paid in full each month, then there was a month or two that I carried a balance but paid a big chunk and left a small balance. I've also always paid weeks before the due date. So I'm not sure what the formula is or if there is one that they like to see for an auto CLI, but that is just how I've used the card. I've read on here that if you call in for a CL it's a hard pull, so I don't plan to do that at all because I can not afford any new inquiries.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Slowly building....
Message 3 of 13
compassion101
Established Contributor

Probably better to ask this question before you apply Smiley Wink

Either way, good choice IMO. Love the Freedom card. Open a chase checking account for basically an extra 10 cents plus .1% per transaction

Message 4 of 13
Jlu
Established Contributor

I like it. Currently it's my everyday card except for when I go to the grocery store in which case I use my BoA 1-2-3 Rewards for the 2%. I have the Chase checking combo so the points are adding up REALLY fast.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 5 of 13
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Great choice! It's my everyday card. Combined with chase checking, and my other chase cards, rewards add up very quickly!

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 6 of 13
bribro
Valued Contributor

Freedom is my default card for anything that doesn't fall under a bonus category. The 1.1% yield on UR points equates to 2% or more cash back if you use your points right in conjunction with a CSP.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 7 of 13
stone
Regular Contributor

waiting for the $200 or $300 opening bouns offer of this card.

Message 8 of 13
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Just got the card, im happy with it. Not happy with my limit, but since i use it like a debit, and pay like a debit (weekly) the limit wont hinder me. 

I like that u always get a full 1 point. Only reason i use it over my discover which has almost triple the limit. Right now its my go to gas and eating card (5 percent)

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a good card. Currently I am using it for gas and restaurants to get the %5 CB, after that is up... I probably won't use it for a little while.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.