Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom

@uroosa1 wrote:

Is a score of about 719 good enough of for chase freedom. score might be few points higher if they use EQ

Who else has beed approved with a low score and what CL? also where agency did they pull?

I have a 1 year history file. no baddies. low utiliz. one card. 4 student loans.

I'm about to apply. just need a little confidence.

I think you should be fine Smiley Happy I started building my credit in June 2010, and before I applied for the Freedom in December 2011 I had: Orchard Bank 6/10 JCPenney 7/10 and Shell 8/11, plus a student loan since 9/10. My CreditKarma score was 701. As soon as I saw I got over 700 I app'd for it and got approved for $7,000! You'll probably be approved for a smaller credit limit due to only one year history and only having one card, but no baddies and low utilizations are key Smiley Happy best of luck! They actually pulled Experian for me, and I only had one recent inq on that from the Shell card.

Message 11 of 35
distantarray
Established Contributor

@uroosa1 wrote:

okay jusy applied:

GOT INSTANTLY APPOVED

Instant Decision Approved

Congratulations! You've been approved for the CHASE FREEDOM credit card.

You will receive your new CHASE FREEDOM credit card along with your Cardmember Agreement within 7 to 10 business days.

If your application included balance transfer requests, those requests are still under review and you will hear back from us about them within the next 10 business days.

now app for csp imo lol

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 12 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@uroosa1 wrote:

okay jusy applied:

GOT INSTANTLY APPOVED

Instant Decision Approved

Congratulations! You've been approved for the CHASE FREEDOM credit card.

You will receive your new CHASE FREEDOM credit card along with your Cardmember Agreement within 7 to 10 business days.

If your application included balance transfer requests, those requests are still under review and you will hear back from us about them within the next 10 business days.

now app for csp imo lol

I wouldn't just yet. Let the Freedom get at least 6 months postive history then app if the OP is interested.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 35
uroosa1
Established Member

what is csp?

Who should i go after next.. I cant;t apply for NFCU. that sux. what about PENFED

Message 14 of 35
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred...one of the best Chase cards and can help you build to a Chase Trifecta (Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, Chase Checking) which maximizes the value of points and money coming at ya. However, it does have a $95 annual fee but if that doesn't bother you, then they have the offer going on now if you spend $3000 in the first 3 monts get 40,000 bonus pts equal to $500. PenFed may be tough for now, you would want to build up your history and credit card collection before giving them a shot. Maybe just open up a savings or checking to help get your foot in the door if you like.

Message 15 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Chase Sapphire Preferred...one of the best Chase cards and can help you build to a Chase Trifecta (Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, Chase Checking) which maximizes the value of points and money coming at ya. However, it does have a $95 annual fee but if that doesn't bother you, then they have the offer going on now if you spend $3000 in the first 3 monts get 40,000 bonus pts equal to $500. PenFed may be tough for now, you would want to build up your history and credit card collection before giving them a shot. Maybe just open up a savings or checking to help get your foot in the door if you like.

AFAIK the trifecta is off the table to new people unless you were grandfathered in.

Stay away from Penfed, you will be declined OP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 35
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your chase approval Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 35
uroosa1
Established Member

Hmmm. What about Amex? which is the easiest approved card they have other then charge cards?

Also is Citi MC worth a shot? what do they pull?

Message 18 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@uroosa1 wrote:

Hmmm. What about Amex? which is the easiest approved card they have other then charge cards?

Also is Citi MC worth a shot? what do they pull?

AMEX you'll need to go charge card first IMO. They are picky on revolver approvals with short history.

Citi is 50/50. If you get approved it will probably be a toy limit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 35
distantarray
Established Contributor

Here's how the Trifecta works

Checking + Freedom = 10 points + 10% bonus per transaction

so $1 cup of coffee = 11 points + 10% = 12.1 points

those 12.1 points transfered to Sapphire = 25% more if used for travel = 15.13 points for that $1 coffee lol  

you also get $500 sign on bonus for travel or $400 cash for getting approved and spending $3,000 in 3 months. ($250 a week) 

Freedom gets 5 points per bonus categories + 10/10 with Checking combine that with Sapphire and you get 6.25% + 10/10 bonus making Freedom even stronger.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.