Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom

tag
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom

Congrats on the approval!  I know it was a very long process!

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 11 of 23
Stralem
Established Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

I kno3 my scores are borderline but I just need to call and get the right CSR at the right moment.

What were you scores at the time if you don't mind me asking? I just find it odd how a Freedom app could go so... awry?

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 12 of 23
codesingh
Regular Contributor

dddewdrop...congrats to you!! You owe me a bbq party and you owe some drinks for the gardners!

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 13 of 23
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

@dddewdrop wrote:

I kno3 my scores are borderline but I just need to call and get the right CSR at the right moment.

What were you scores at the time if you don't mind me asking? I just find it odd how a Freedom app could go so... awry?

@Stralem wrote:

@dddewdrop wrote:

My scores were very much borderline. My most recent score from DCU was an EQ score of 648. My most recent Experian Fico is from an Amex pull on april 11. That one is 644. My most recent Tu score is 621. I know that my scores are just barely on the border of being considered. I applied a few months ago with scores almost 100 points lower and was rejected. Most of the wait was to verify my physical address. I live in a house that was a vacation house for many years. Because of that it has no mailbox. When away for months at a time, it is better not to have a mailbox cause it would tip people off that no one was there. Fortunately my license has my physical address but Chase kept saying the blown up copies that i faxed them were illegible. I snail mailed copies too but that whole process took almost 3 weeks to resolve...I knew it was a stretch to get approved but I figured that waiting is overrated and why not try to stretch the envelope because now I can start aging the TL. I now have 4 new TLs none of which have a balance other than a token charge. That should be plenty to grow my scores to the mid 700 range if I continue to pay on time and use the cards responsibly.

Message 14 of 23
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

dddewdrop...congrats to you!! You owe me a bbq party and you owe some drinks for the gardners!

True Dat.

Message 15 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 16 of 23
annebythesea
New Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@dddewdrop wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

@dddewdrop wrote:

My scores were very much borderline. My most recent score from DCU was an EQ score of 648. My most recent Experian Fico is from an Amex pull on april 11. That one is 644. My most recent Tu score is 621. I know that my scores are just barely on the border of being considered. I applied a few months ago with scores almost 100 points lower and was rejected. Most of the wait was to verify my physical address. I live in a house that was a vacation house for many years. Because of that it has no mailbox. When away for months at a time, it is better not to have a mailbox cause it would tip people off that no one was there. Fortunately my license has my physical address but Chase kept saying the blown up copies that i faxed them were illegible. I snail mailed copies too but that whole process took almost 3 weeks to resolve...I knew it was a stretch to get approved but I figured that waiting is overrated and why not try to stretch the envelope because now I can start aging the TL. I now have 4 new TLs none of which have a balance other than a token charge. That should be plenty to grow my scores to the mid 700 range if I continue to pay on time and use the cards responsibly.

Oh, most definetely. Congrats!

Starting Score: MyFico EQ 694 (3/2013)
Current Score: MyFico EQ 707 (4/1/2013), EX 734 (4/12/2013 - AMEX pull)
Goal Score: 740+, gardening since: 5/17/13

Message 17 of 23
nfs_mw
New Contributor

Congrats...and it ws long overdue

Message 18 of 23
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

This was the easy part. The hard part is developing long term habits of being responsible with my credit and sticking to my plan. I am just grateful that I have a chance here to make it happen.

Message 19 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

Cha cha ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

Congrats and Bravo for never giving up it paid off

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.