Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom

Use the heck out of the freedom and make sure to pay in full. Depending on your monthly spend, you might actually want to make a partial payment before your statement cuts to keep utilization low on your credit report. Make sure to activate your quarterly bonus categories. All of my CLI's from Chase have been automatic. Congrats on the approvals!
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Use the heck out of the freedom and make sure to pay in full. Depending on your monthly spend, you might actually want to make a partial payment before your statement cuts to keep utilization low on your credit report. Make sure to activate your quarterly bonus categories. All of my CLI's from Chase have been automatic. Congrats on the approvals!

Thanks! When you say to activate the quarterly bonus categories, does that mean if you don't activate them, you won't get them? Can you give me an example?

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming you have the Freedom and not the Freedom Unlimited, there are rotating categories that yield 5% per $ rather than the typical 1% but you have to opt in. Chase is pretty good about sending text reminders that you can reply to to activate. You can also do it online and I've even gotten reminders at the ATM. Categories are usually things like grocery stores one quarter, Amazon purchases another, etc. If you stay on top of them they can really add up.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes mine is the Freedom. Thanks for the info. I will definitely stay on top of that to opt in to the rotating categories.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

make sure you read the fine print on the quartely specials too..this quater is grocery stores and wholesale clubs..but Target and Walmart do not count as grocery stores just an fyi, 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.