Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freeom CLI

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Chase Freeom CLI

I've read about some folks getting a CLI on their Chase Freedom cards. I believe they normally auto-CLI after a year. Unfortunately, I am not the type of guy to sit around and wait for them, so I bit the bullet and clicked the button online, knowing darn well it would result in a hard.

I got the decline, so I reconned. She told me that it auto-declined me due to a 90 day late on an old student loan. She said she could go ahead and approve me for a $6500 CLI to go from $18,500 to $25,000. Not bad.
Here we go again...
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freeom CLI

Nice job. It always is a good idea to recon, you can't really lose, they've already denied.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 11
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:
I've read about some folks getting a CLI on their Chase Freedom cards. I believe they normally auto-CLI after a year. Unfortunately, I am not the type of guy to sit around and wait for them, so I bit the bullet and clicked the button online, knowing darn well it would result in a hard. How long had the account been open if you do not mind me asking? Have been thinking of doing the same with a new account I just opened 3/08. 

I got the decline, so I reconned. She told me that it auto-declined me due to a 90 day late on an old student loan. She said she could go ahead and approve me for a $6500 CLI to go from $18,500 to $25,000. Not bad. Congratulations!!! Definately worth the hard pull IMHO!

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 3 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I opened my account in February of this year.

Thanks! 33 percent isn't too shabby.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow, awesome work!

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-29-2008 05:32 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 11
first48
Frequent Contributor

I want to be like you when I grow up!!
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 6 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

first48 wrote:
I want to be like you when I grow up!!

+1. 

now that's Awesome.  Way to make a hard worth the sting w/o losing your cool !!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Thanks guys!
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang freetless -

Has Amex CLD'ed you yet?
Message 9 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Dang freetless -

Has Amex CLD'ed you yet?

I haven't gotten any AA from Amex apart from the initial FR from opening multiple accounts. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they continue to like me.

If they do CLD me, I'm going to close both my Clear and Blue and keep the Platinum. It has all the purchase protections I've come to love and enjoy, aside from any worry of AA.
Here we go again...
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.