Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase GW response. huh? what?

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Chase GW response. huh? what?

i repeatedly send goodwill  letters to chase. usually i get a reply that says they cant alter correct information because it was compromise the integrity of the credit reporting system.

recently, i got a response that said.....my credit report has been updated to reflect the necessary changes. but it list the late payments in the letter as a reference for "accurate"

im confused: either i made matters worse and may have gotten a late payment or two added or the account was actually goodwilled in some way and chase sent/the representative that did the GW sent this letter as procedure to cover their a**.

what do you think guys? has this ever happened to anyone?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
TheArcher
New Contributor

Re: Chase GW response. huh? what?

Have you not run your credit report to see if any changes have been made?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." -Thomas Paine
Message 2 of 7
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

im waiting until my next statement cuts so i have their latest update
Message 3 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Good luck.

I tried GW'ing Direct Loans and ended up with 60 and 90 day lates on EQ, where they previously did not exist.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been shot down by Chase twice with the same language they gave you on a 120 day late I paid with settlement May 2005.  I'm going to wait a couple weeks and try again.
Message 5 of 7
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

If you currently have an account with Chase, use their secure message system on their website.  I submitted a GW letter to them on 6-30-08 requesting a 30 late be removed and I got a message from them today, 7-1-08, stating that it had been removed.  I had to exchange messages with them a couple of times but it is going to be gone when they report again.  I am extremely pleased that it took less than 24 hours to get a 30 late removed by GWing them!!!
Message 6 of 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

who do you send the letter to when using the secure message center. Thanks
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.