Did you mean: 

Chase Has A new CLI Policy

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Chase Has A new CLI Policy

I noticed this change:

It's still a HARD but they added a time limit and qualifications

Request an increase - Please complete the form below. When you're ready, click "Request Credit Line Increase," which will authorize us to review your credit and employment histories, as well as any other information necessary to help us review your request.

If we determine you qualify, we'll increase your credit limit within 4 hours. We may not grant your request for a credit line increase if:

* The account is currently past due, bankrupt, lost or stolen, closed, revoked or charged off.
    * The account is a guaranteed account.
    * The account was delinquent in the past 3 months or had a serious delinquency in the last 12 to 24 months.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Has A new CLI Policy

Chase still gives periodic cli's. I just got one last week.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 11
plasticguy
Established Contributor

That's good:smileyhappy: I never said they didn't give them out, But if there are those that wish to ask for one and they have any negative info that they have listed, then they shouldn't apply only to get a HARD and be rejected. At least they are telling you what they don't want to see. I would asked for one but, I already have 50.5k

Trans Fico 802 Equifax Fico 812 Experian Fico 814 Pulled Reports October 1 2008

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only Chase card I have is the world, which supposedly doesn't have a limit (and yet mine is 5000. The way they explained it to me was that is the limit of my REVOLVING balance. I can charge more than that if I want.

Since I'm now a poor student, I better not be charging anything that big. I wonder, though, how high I could go, if it was something I could immediately pay off, or pay down below 5000.....I wonder if I'd have to call first, like you do with Amex charge cards.

I may never know....

Message 4 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

plasticguy wrote:
That's good:smileyhappy: I never said they didn't give them out, But if there are those that wish to ask for one and they have any negative info that they have listed, then they shouldn't apply only to get a HARD and be rejected. At least they are telling you what they don't want to see. I would asked for one but, I already have 50.5k

Trans Fico 802 Equifax Fico 812 Experian Fico 814 Pulled Reports October 1 2008

That's good to know! I have a Chase card that has gone missing, and I'm convinced it's around here * looks around vaguely * somewhere. I didn't want to report it as lost/stolen, because I don't think anyone has it, and I didn't want the duplicate TL, and now I have another reason to hunker down.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 11
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I have never got one, but I have had a Chase card only for 2 years.

@cobra19 wrote:
Chase still gives periodic cli's. I just got one last week.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 11
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
That's good to know! I have a Chase card that has gone missing, and I'm convinced it's around here * looks around vaguely * somewhere. I didn't want to report it as lost/stolen, because I don't think anyone has it, and I didn't want the duplicate TL, and now I have another reason to hunker down.

I had this problem with a WaMu/Providian card. I did not care because I was paying down a balance and did not want to use the card. But, once the card was PIF I had to have a card to keep the account active. I called and asked the CSR to send me a duplicate card and was quite explicit that the original card was neither lost nor stolen. They were a little snippy about it (after all we're talking about WaMu) but about a week later I had a nice new card in my hands. Better yet it did not bear the evil "Providian" inscription on its face!

Message 7 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

My almost-honest version will be that I can't get the card to work in the swipe readers. Which is true, since I don't have the card, and therefore I can't try to swipe with it. Smiley Happy

I'm not proud of this solution, but it's the current plan. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 11
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

That is a most excellent explanation!  I'll have to remember that one. 
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote: That's good to know! I have a Chase card that has gone missing, and I'm convinced it's around here * looks around vaguely * somewhere. I didn't want to report it as lost/stolen, because I don't think anyone has it, and I didn't want the duplicate TL, and now I have another reason to hunker down.

I had a card gone missing once that wasn't really lost either. For the same reason I didn't want to report it lost/stolen. I ended up telling them that the strip wasn't working anymore and merchants were having to manually key in the numbers. They just sent me a new card. Maybe that would work for you...

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.