Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data

Just got off the phone with a Chase Analyst. I applied for a CSP back on 7/5 and was that they pulled my EQ that same date. But the application is still in "under review" status when you call the App Status phone line.

I have a utilization of 8% and a EQ FICO score of just under 700. I can also very pleasantly announce that I had an Alliance One account that I had paid if full back on 7/2011 deleted a couple days ago on 7/16. My strategy was going to be to ask for a recon prior to them making a final decision because of the great new news that my collection had been removed after they originally pulled my EQ.

The guy was VERY nice, but told me that I had 4 COs with Chase and that is what they are currently reviewing. WT^%$$&*? I hadn't a clue. He did about 5 minutes of research and asked me if I had some credit lines that may have been "bought" by Chase over the years. He told me that it looked like the lines were chargoffs back on 2002 that would NOT have appeared on any CR anymore but that "Chase now reserves the right to keep and use this information in the considerations".

He called off an old First USA account that he thought may have been bought by Chase, and he was right. But, I recall and explained to him that I had a job loss in 2003 which resulted in some late payments. And that I actually paid that and several other accounts off as a result of the profits from selling my house and relocating. Thank goodness I did have paid in full balances for this and other credit accounts back then. I told him that I did not and would not "bilk Chase for the moeny".

He aproved the recon because I had reestablishe another Chase card in 2008. This wasn't a direct relationship, but Chase had also bought my account from Washington Mutual and converted me to a Chase card. Again so glad that I've not had a single late since 2008 on any account and I'd PIF'd my Chase bill last month in order to prep for the CSP app. He told me that he has looked over my credit score, balances and my current activity to ensure proof of positive "re-establishment" of credit with Chase. But that my app would be "re-reviewed" again and that I should hear something soon, but that his is okaying the "re-review" and felt positive about the app.

My big point here is that with the massive consolidation of the Banks since 2007-08, these big banks have MASSIVE amounts of data about many of us that we probably don't realize. And that even in cleaning up and making sure that our CRs are spic and span and well maintained the card companies litterally have toves of information that they are using to make decisions. Thus 7 years, no longer means what we thought it did previously!

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data

Yes, when bank aquire other banks, all the information gets transfered. Thanks for the reminder. Glad that my credit career is young, and I haven't burned anyone yet.

I know your FICO is under 700 and utilization is 8%. Do you mind sharing the rest of your profile? What other cards do you have and what are their limits? Are you a current Chase banking customer?

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SwiftTone wrote:

Yes, when bank aquire other banks, all the information gets transfered. Thanks for the reminder. Glad that my credit career is young, and I haven't burned anyone yet.

I know your FICO is under 700 and utilization is 8%. Do you mind sharing the rest of your profile? What other cards do you have and what are their limits? Are you a current Chase banking customer?

TU 695. EXP 699 (makes me cry...), EQ 682) Utilization 8%. Total debt $895. 6 cards reporting 0 AAoA a bit above 3 yrs. Very high income but had to re-established all credit again since 2008.

There have been SO MANY bank auqisitions in the past 5 years, you have no idea who any of your accounts have been sold to. Cosider that HSBC, though still in existance has sold only some of their card portfolio to CapitalOne.

So youngblood protect your credit litterally with your life!

Message 3 of 33
learnin113
Established Contributor

Yes I agree.  From personal experience...I know that Chase willnot let me back in because of some tiny charge off more than 10 years ago.  Hate em!

Message 4 of 33
bribro
Valued Contributor

You screwed them over, and now you hate them because they don't want to do business with you? It's not like they have to extend credit to you.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 5 of 33
learnin113
Established Contributor

@bribro wrote:

You screwed them over, and now you hate them because they don't want to do business with you? It's not like they have to extend credit to you.

Yes.  If it was that simple, I dont think they'd have to do business with 99% of the people on here.

Message 6 of 33
john398
Senior Contributor

@bribro wrote:

Wait, how did he screw them over? The OP said he paid the balanes when he sold his house after losing his job

Bad things happen to good people but he did not screw anyone over in my view

Message 7 of 33
FrugalRican
Blogger

@john398 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

Wait, how did he screw them over? The OP said he paid the balanes when he sold his house after losing his job

He was talking to learnin113, not the OP.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 8 of 33
learnin113
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

I believe it was actually a threadjack and Mr. Perfect was busy judging me...heehee

Message 9 of 33
john398
Senior Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

He was talking to learnin113, not the OP.

My appology

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.