Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data

tag
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data

@learnin113 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

You screwed them over, and now you hate them because they don't want to do business with you? It's not like they have to extend credit to you.

Wait, how did he screw them over? The OP said he paid the balanes when he sold his house after losing his job

Bad things happen to good people but he did not screw anyone over in my view

I believe it was actually a threadjack and Mr. Perfect was busy judging me...heehee

Not really judging, I just find it fascinating when people default on their debts/obligations and then get mad at the other party. Carry on.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 11 of 33
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I got back in with chase.after a 29K included in a BK7 with them..6 months ago I got a business ink(15K spend limit its a NSPL type card)..and just a month ago a disney premier visa with a 5K...I also bank with chase..so I think that helped also had both apps approved after being declined..called the backdoor number

Message 12 of 33
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

OP, you are still proving that the 7 rule apply's becouse if something like this would be on your FICO; then your scores would still be lower..limiting your apporval for other cards.  Also even with the CO, you are still able to land a PRIME card with the company; I will be looking to do this same thing next year (yeah some CO's!) with a couple of differnt companies that are beyond 7 years now.  I should be in the low 700's with UTI around 2-10%, if they don't extend me credit; then that is just another reason to keep sockng money into my savings...and use it like a c.c. (not my long-term savings).  I like paying myself the intrest!

Message 13 of 33
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@learnin113 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

You screwed them over, and now you hate them because they don't want to do business with you? It's not like they have to extend credit to you.

Wait, how did he screw them over? The OP said he paid the balanes when he sold his house after losing his job

I believe it was actually a threadjack and Mr. Perfect was busy judging me...heehee

Not really judging, I just find it fascinating when people default on their debts/obligations and then get mad at the other party. Carry on.

Make sure you keep that self-righteous card handy should poor circumstances beyond your control (i.e. medical expenses your insurance company refuses to pay, loss of job, etc.) ruin YOUR ability to maintain pristine credit.

I similarly find it fascinating how quick some are to judge. Take caution that you don't prematurely discount someone else's sentiments...they may be your own someday.

Just sayin...

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 14 of 33
sal2009
Established Member

It's kinda lame how that system works. I iib one chase Acct and they wouldn't give me credit...but they inherited my wamu card and because I demonstrated started good use of that card for a yr they approved my sapphire preferred app. I'll bet there are a lot of people who would be fine if these companies let themhave some credit...I have to give chase credit tho because they seem to be much more forgiving and give peeps a second chance...much more than the other two prime guys citi and Amex.
Message 15 of 33
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

So basically, they don't  want people to be able to leave the past behind?  Now they wanna give you "LIFE" for making a mistake with your credit.sigh  Wow!  So sad, especially if it's from (and most are) unfortunate circumstances. 

In the scheme of it alll...WE ARE ALL (most anyway) JUST 2 CHECKS FROM HOMELESS OR DIRE STRAITS.  Miss two complete checks and see where it leaves you.thinking

*Just my cent and a half

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 33
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@learnin113 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

Make sure you keep that self-righteous card handy should poor circumstances beyond your control (i.e. medical expenses your insurance company refuses to pay, loss of job, etc.) ruin YOUR ability to maintain pristine credit.

I similarly find it fascinating how quick some are to judge. Take caution that you don't prematurely discount someone else's sentiments...they may be your own someday.

Just sayin...

No bibro is right here. Why would someone find it surprising to be refused credit with a previous charge off? That's like saying if I borrowed money from you and didn't pay you back, I shouldn't be surprised if you dont loan money to me again the next time I ask. It's a perfectly legitimate point.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 17 of 33
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

No bibro is right here. Why would someone find it surprising to be refused credit with a previous charge off? That's like saying if I borrowed money from you and didn't pay you back, I shouldn't be surprised if you dont loan money to me again the next time I ask. It's a perfectly legitimate point.

I feel the same about this. I lent two people money and never saw it again. I do not speak to these people anymore and ignore them when they try to be friendly; one of them was even family. If they ever pay it back I still will never talk to them and most certaintly would not loan money again, but I never forgive or forget.

If anything happened to me I have reserves to dip in to. If those ever ran out and I needed to use credit I personally would not let anything go delinquent. I would just rather pay it off somehow instead of going back on the contract.

Message 18 of 33
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I feel the same about this. I lent two people money and never saw it again. I do not speak to these people anymore and ignore them when they try to be friendly; one of them was even family. If they ever pay it back I still will never talk to them and most certaintly would not loan money again, but I never forgive or forget.

If anything happened to me I have reserves to dip in to. If those ever ran out and I needed to use credit I personally would not let anything go delinquent. I would just rather pay it off somehow instead of going back on the contract.

Preamble: This does not apply to credit card companies since they exist to make money.

Life is a lot more than money. Forgiving and forgetting leads to a longer and more satisfying life

My 2 cents

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 19 of 33
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

@JusdoNit wrote:

So basically, they don't  want people to be able to leave the past behind?  Now they wanna give you "LIFE" for making a mistake with your credit.sigh  Wow!  So sad, especially if it's from (and most are) unfortunate circumstances. 

In the scheme of it alll...WE ARE ALL (most anyway) JUST 2 CHECKS FROM HOMELESS OR DIRE STRAITS.  Miss two complete checks and see where it leaves you.thinking

*Just my cent and a half

Wow that is scary! And so true in my case, even more so because I get paid bi-weekly.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.