Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data

tag
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data

Navigatethis12... The whole never forgive or forget thing can come back and haunt you too. It's a shame that money comes between so many people but it would be hard to be real friendly around someone that devalues your friendship enough to leave you hanging.
Message 21 of 33
2NE1
Established Contributor

aussiesareforever:

Preamble: This does not apply to credit card companies since they exist to make money.

Life is a lot more than money. Forgiving and forgetting leads to a longer and more satisfying life

My 2 cents

Agreed.

Message 22 of 33
bribro
Valued Contributor

Wow, I guess some people just can't help but take things personally. It's not about judging; it's about the ridiculousness of "hating" a lender because they don't want to voluntarily extend credit to you after you *defaulted* on them. Those charge-offs will fall off your credit report eventually, at which point obtaining credit from lenders  (especially the ones you didn't screw over) becomes much, much easier. That's how the system work. If you don't like it, pay for everything in cash and shut up.

I'm flattered that some people on this forum think I'm "perfect," but I'm not. I will, however, take responsibility for my actions (no matter the circumstances) and not cry about it on a forum and "hate" on companies because they won't do something they have absolutely no obligation to do.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 23 of 33
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

Wow, I guess some people just can't help but take things personally. It's not about judging; it's about the ridiculousness of "hating" a lender because they don't want to voluntarily extend credit to you after you *defaulted* on them. Those charge-offs will fall off your credit report eventually, at which point obtaining credit from lenders  (especially the ones you didn't screw over) becomes much, much easier. That's how the system work. If you don't like it, pay for everything in cash and shut up.

I'm flattered that some people on this forum think I'm "perfect," but I'm not. I will, however, take responsibility for my actions (no matter the circumstances) and not cry about it on a forum and "hate" on companies because they won't do something they have absolutely no obligation to do.

+1
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 24 of 33
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@bribro wrote:

+1

+2! 

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 25 of 33
mkm77
Regular Contributor

People are far too entitled now a days. No one owes you a credit card. If you screwed whoever for WHATEVER reason there are still repercussions to that. In the Mortgage business where I work, every single day someone will whine and cry because an underwriter wants some clarification over something. Their attitude is "How dare they ask me for that!" over a half million dollar loan....Apparently it's the borrowers right in the Bill of Rights to borrow money on THEIR TERMS. Now don't get me wrong...I do think after time it would be cool to get another chance but that's entirely up to the lender.Its a privlege to borrow money not a right!
Message 26 of 33
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@learnin113 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

You screwed them over, and now you hate them because they don't want to do business with you? It's not like they have to extend credit to you.

Wait, how did he screw them over? The OP said he paid the balanes when he sold his house after losing his job

Bad things happen to good people but he did not screw anyone over in my view

I believe it was actually a threadjack and Mr. Perfect was busy judging me...heehee

Not really judging, I just find it fascinating when people default on their debts/obligations and then get mad at the other party. Carry on.

Make sure you keep that self-righteous card handy should poor circumstances beyond your control (i.e. medical expenses your insurance company refuses to pay, loss of job, etc.) ruin YOUR ability to maintain pristine credit.

I similarly find it fascinating how quick some are to judge. Take caution that you don't prematurely discount someone else's sentiments...they may be your own someday.

Just sayin...

No bibro is right here. Why would someone find it surprising to be refused credit with a previous charge off? That's like saying if I borrowed money from you and didn't pay you back, I shouldn't be surprised if you dont loan money to me again the next time I ask. It's a perfectly legitimate point.

No, it's a perfectly snotty and condescending point...at least that's how it came off to me. We disagree on this, CreditScholar.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rootpooty wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@bribro wrote:

+1

+2! 

+3!

Message 28 of 33
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@mkm77 wrote:
People are far too entitled now a days. No one owes you a credit card. If you screwed whoever for WHATEVER reason there are still repercussions to that. In the Mortgage business where I work, every single day someone will whine and cry because an underwriter wants some clarification over something. Their attitude is "How dare they ask me for that!" over a half million dollar loan....Apparently it's the borrowers right in the Bill of Rights to borrow money on THEIR TERMS. Now don't get me wrong...I do think after time it would be cool to get another chance but that's entirely up to the lender.Its a privlege to borrow money not a right!

One could easily turn that around that say that it is a privilege for a credit card company to even be in business, not a right.

The point isn't that a credit card company has the RIGHT to deny you if you left them hanging on a balance. Heck, a CCC has a right to deny you for any reason they can dream up. The point is, don't be so quick to judge because you don't know the circumstances behind someone's poor fortune.

And before someone chirps in...yes, it DOES matter how someone came to fall on hard times. If someone simply charged up a ton of debt and left it behind because they didn't want to pay, that person has earned his/her bad fortune. If someone is laid off making six figures for years on end and the only available job is a low-paying service-sector job, the choice for that person may be feeding his kids and paying the credit card. If someone is left holding the bag by a health insurance provider, that person pays the price or gets sued until the end of time.

The point here is it is perfectly OK to have negative feelings toward a company that profits off you for years...then drops you like a bad habit when circumstances beyond your control force you to make tough choices. Making sweeping generalizations is foolish and ignorant, IMO.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 29 of 33
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@aussiesareforever wrote:

Preamble: This does not apply to credit card companies since they exist to make money.

Life is a lot more than money. Forgiving and forgetting leads to a longer and more satisfying life

My 2 cents

Exisisting to make money or not, the debt was still not paid.

@CreditCrusader wrote:

If someone is laid off making six figures for years on end and the only available job is a low-paying service-sector job, the choice for that person may be feeding his kids and paying the credit card.

The point here is it is perfectly OK to have negative feelings toward a company that profits off you for years...then drops you like a bad habit when circumstances beyond your control force you to make tough choices. Making sweeping generalizations is foolish and ignorant, IMO.

I see something very wrong with that scenario. If you are making six figures for years and just because you lose your job you can not afford anything, you are doing it wrong. Everyone should save at least a little bit. Living within your means also solves this type of problem.

Unless you are paying interest the company is not making money off of you directly. Even if they made $1000 in swipe fees, if you leave them with a $7000 loss that obviously wipes out the profit. Lots of stories on here talk about people now making a good amount of money and not paying off the debt. Even though it is not on your report does not mean it has dissapeared. The account may have been charged off or included in a bankruptcy, but an attempt could still be made to pay the company back.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.