Reply
Valued Contributor
bribro
Posts: 1,367
Registered: ‎04-20-2012

Re: Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data


learnin113 wrote:

john398 wrote:

bribro wrote:

You screwed them over, and now you hate them because they don't want to do business with you? It's not like they have to extend credit to you.



Wait, how did he screw them over? The OP said he paid the balanes when he sold his house after losing his job

 

Bad things happen to good people but he did not screw anyone over in my view


I believe it was actually a threadjack and Mr. Perfect was busy judging me...heehee


Not really judging, I just find it fascinating when people default on their debts/obligations and then get mad at the other party. Carry on.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Frequent Contributor
sandman2435
Posts: 360
Registered: ‎01-22-2011

Re: Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data

I got back in with chase.after a 29K included in a BK7 with them..6 months ago I got a business ink(15K spend limit its a NSPL type card)..and just a month ago a disney premier visa with a 5K...I also bank with chase..so I think that helped also had both apps approved after being declined..called the backdoor number

New Contributor
skyisthelimit
Posts: 227
Registered: ‎06-09-2012

Re: Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data

OP, you are still proving that the 7 rule apply's becouse if something like this would be on your FICO; then your scores would still be lower..limiting your apporval for other cards.  Also even with the CO, you are still able to land a PRIME card with the company; I will be looking to do this same thing next year (yeah some CO's!) with a couple of differnt companies that are beyond 7 years now.  I should be in the low 700's with UTI around 2-10%, if they don't extend me credit; then that is just another reason to keep sockng money into my savings...and use it like a c.c. (not my long-term savings).  I like paying myself the intrest!

Established Contributor
CreditCrusader
Posts: 799
Registered: ‎09-27-2011

Re: Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data


bribro wrote:

learnin113 wrote:

john398 wrote:

bribro wrote:

You screwed them over, and now you hate them because they don't want to do business with you? It's not like they have to extend credit to you.



Wait, how did he screw them over? The OP said he paid the balanes when he sold his house after losing his job

 

Bad things happen to good people but he did not screw anyone over in my view


I believe it was actually a threadjack and Mr. Perfect was busy judging me...heehee


Not really judging, I just find it fascinating when people default on their debts/obligations and then get mad at the other party. Carry on.


Make sure you keep that self-righteous card handy should poor circumstances beyond your control (i.e. medical expenses your insurance company refuses to pay, loss of job, etc.) ruin YOUR ability to maintain pristine credit.

 

I similarly find it fascinating how quick some are to judge. Take caution that you don't prematurely discount someone else's sentiments...they may be your own someday.

 

Just sayin...

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
sal2009
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎05-31-2012

Re: Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data

It's kinda lame how that system works. I iib one chase Acct and they wouldn't give me credit...but they inherited my wamu card and because I demonstrated started good use of that card for a yr they approved my sapphire preferred app. I'll bet there are a lot of people who would be fine if these companies let themhave some credit...I have to give chase credit tho because they seem to be much more forgiving and give peeps a second chance...much more than the other two prime guys citi and Amex.
Established Contributor
JusdoNit
Posts: 921
Registered: ‎12-10-2011

Re: Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data

[ Edited ]

So basically, they don't  want people to be able to leave the past behind?  Now they wanna give you "LIFE" for making a mistake with your credit.sigh  Wow!  So sad, especially if it's from (and most are) unfortunate circumstances. 

 

In the scheme of it alll...WE ARE ALL (most anyway) JUST 2 CHECKS FROM HOMELESS OR DIRE STRAITS.  Miss two complete checks and see where it leaves you.thinking

 

 

*Just my cent and a half


Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge


Valued Contributor
CreditScholar
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012

Re: Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data


CreditCrusader wrote:

bribro wrote:

learnin113 wrote:

john398 wrote:

bribro wrote:

You screwed them over, and now you hate them because they don't want to do business with you? It's not like they have to extend credit to you.



Wait, how did he screw them over? The OP said he paid the balanes when he sold his house after losing his job

 

Bad things happen to good people but he did not screw anyone over in my view


I believe it was actually a threadjack and Mr. Perfect was busy judging me...heehee


Not really judging, I just find it fascinating when people default on their debts/obligations and then get mad at the other party. Carry on.


Make sure you keep that self-righteous card handy should poor circumstances beyond your control (i.e. medical expenses your insurance company refuses to pay, loss of job, etc.) ruin YOUR ability to maintain pristine credit.

 

I similarly find it fascinating how quick some are to judge. Take caution that you don't prematurely discount someone else's sentiments...they may be your own someday.

 

Just sayin...


No bibro is right here. Why would someone find it surprising to be refused credit with a previous charge off? That's like saying if I borrowed money from you and didn't pay you back, I shouldn't be surprised if you dont loan money to me again the next time I ask. It's a perfectly legitimate point.
FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor
navigatethis12
Posts: 1,881
Registered: ‎01-24-2012

Re: Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data


CreditScholar wrote:



No bibro is right here. Why would someone find it surprising to be refused credit with a previous charge off? That's like saying if I borrowed money from you and didn't pay you back, I shouldn't be surprised if you dont loan money to me again the next time I ask. It's a perfectly legitimate point.

I feel the same about this. I lent two people money and never saw it again. I do not speak to these people anymore and ignore them when they try to be friendly; one of them was even family. If they ever pay it back I still will never talk to them and most certaintly would not loan money again, but I never forgive or forget.

 

If anything happened to me I have reserves to dip in to. If those ever ran out and I needed to use credit I personally would not let anything go delinquent. I would just rather pay it off somehow instead of going back on the contract.

 

Established Contributor
aussiesareforever
Posts: 740
Registered: ‎10-04-2010

Re: Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data


I feel the same about this. I lent two people money and never saw it again. I do not speak to these people anymore and ignore them when they try to be friendly; one of them was even family. If they ever pay it back I still will never talk to them and most certaintly would not loan money again, but I never forgive or forget.

 

If anything happened to me I have reserves to dip in to. If those ever ran out and I needed to use credit I personally would not let anything go delinquent. I would just rather pay it off somehow instead of going back on the contract.

 


Preamble: This does not apply to credit card companies since they exist to make money.

 

Life is a lot more than money. Forgiving and forgetting leads to a longer and more satisfying life

 

My 2 cents

BK in 2008, after making very stupid financial decisions.

Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($6400) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000)---GEMB CareCredit ($5700) --- AUFCU ($10000)--- Walmart ($5000)

FICO Scores: TU 735 EQ 709 EX 740 (Feb 2013, all pulled by lender)

Frequent Contributor
Mekitcat
Posts: 260
Registered: ‎06-23-2011

Re: Chase Has Got ALOOOOOTTTTTA Data


JusdoNit wrote:

So basically, they don't  want people to be able to leave the past behind?  Now they wanna give you "LIFE" for making a mistake with your credit.sigh  Wow!  So sad, especially if it's from (and most are) unfortunate circumstances. 

 

In the scheme of it alll...WE ARE ALL (most anyway) JUST 2 CHECKS FROM HOMELESS OR DIRE STRAITS.  Miss two complete checks and see where it leaves you.thinking

 

 

*Just my cent and a half



Wow that is scary! And so true in my case, even more so because I get paid bi-weekly.


Starting Score:4/5/11 TU 660 fico, EQ 634 fico, EX 647 (Credit Inform)
Current Score:07/04/12 Myfico TU 690 Walmart fico 702, EQ 660 fico 07/05/12, EX fico 689 06/03/2012 (Amex)
Goal Score: 750+



myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+